i put the hot in psychotic

"Asher's a werewolf?" I gasped in relief, "That's why he rejected me, he's waiting for his mate to show!"

I still had a chance!

Roan gave an exasperated sigh, "Lia, that's not what I meant."

"Oh? And what was that?" I challenged.

"He's dangerous."

I laughed out loud.

"What is everybody waiting for? Get changed!" Ms. Ham, our gym teacher, yelled at everyone.

And there goes my cue.

After I changed, I joined Roan and Grace; the girl from Mystic High. She seemed nice enough.

"Pick a partner." Ms. Ham said and I gravitated toward Roan, even though he looked less than happy to be my partner.

"Okay, one partner go to one side and the other partner go to the other side."

"Shit, I hate when they do that." Which meant Roan and I would be on different teams. I just hoped we weren't playing dodgeball.

"We're playing dodgeball today." Dammit. "Everybody on the line. When I blow the whistle, you can move. You get hit, you're out." Ms. Ham was putting all of the red balls on the half court line.

Everyone was ready to go when she added, "The last team standing gets to change early!" This was the last block of the day, everybody was already done with school.

"Oh, we are so winning." I said eagerly.

I looked back at my side and realized all the good players were on the other side. Mostly Asher, Roan, and Jesse.

My side had John, Laurel, and a bunch of other people who had no athletic skill.

"Ready, set, go!" The whistle sounded and everyone sprinted to get a ball.

John kicked some of the balls onto our side before running back and trying not to get hit.

A ball flew at me and hit my cheek.

"Ow." I rubbed my cheek and glared at Roan.

"Balls to the face don't count!" Ms. Ham added and I grinned, my next target Roan.

You're dead, I mouthed at him and he rolled his eyes.

I picked up two balls and threw both at Roan. He ducked and threw some at me. I hid behind Laurel, who was trying to hit Asher. Literally, everyone was aiming at Asher but he kept evading everyone.

Laurel got hit in the leg and I'd lost my shield. John and I were the only ones on the offensive, everyone else was trying not to get hit by Asher and Roan's balls. They were getting people out like nobody's business.

After about ten minutes of sudden death, there were only two people on each side.

John and I on one side, Roan and Asher on the other.

For a moment, we were at a stalemate. Roan faked a throw and I flinched. Nobody made a move.

Until John stupidly threw the ball at Asher, which he caught.