can i borrow a kiss? i promise i'll give it back

"Never look away from your opponent. It leaves room for distraction." I instructed as I swept his legs out from underneath him. He fell with a loud thud. I helped him back up, letting him try again.

We'd been training for weeks but he hadn't really improved much.

"I wasn't looking away." Roan rubbed the back of his head.

"Then what were you doing?" I challenged. He didn't answer.

"I told you this was a bad idea." I sighed, running my eyes over the cuts on his forehead and the bruise that was already forming on his shoulder from where I kicked him. I was hurting him even though I never meant to. Werewolves always had the upperhand against humans.

"No, I'm good." He shook his head and got back into his fighting stance; bending his knees with his fists infront of his face. His skin was perspiring profusely while I didn't even sweat a drop.

"Are you sure? Be-"

He threw a punch at my face but I ducked out of the way and flipped him onto his back. I jumped on top of him, pinning his arms and legs down.

Roan hit his head against the mat, frustrated.

"You're dead." I grinned.

"Damn, it didn't work."

"You thought you could distract me?"

"It worked better in my head." He closed his eyes and I could tell he was exhausted.

I started to get off of him, "We're done for the day,"

"No." He grabbed my wrist and wrapped an arm around my waist so I couldn't move.

Roan's face was so close that I could feel his hot breath on my cheek. His heart rate spiked when I didn't try to get out of his hold. He was just as affected by me as I was affected by him.

Before I could react, Roan closed his eyes and pressed his lips to mine. He captured my lips in a shy kiss, as if he were afraid I'd reject him.

For the first five seconds, I didn't react. My brain was freaking out and just couldn't register that Roan Jackson was kissing me.

It was nothing like the first time he kissed me. Last time, it was for Asher. But this time, it was deadly real.

He was about to pull away, passion leaving him, but I grabbed the back of his neck and brought him back to me. I closed my eyes and kissed him, knotting my hands in his hair. He kissed me back more eagerly, more confidently.

Our tongues danced for dominance and with strength that surprised me, he rolled us so he was on top. He pinned my arms to my side.

When did he get to be so strong?

"Better." I mumbled breathlessly.

"That was the distraction."

Roan leaned down to kiss me again and I smiled. He propped himself up on his elbows so he wouldn't crush me. Our hearts were beating rapidly as we kissed more roughly. More touching, more passion, more everything.

"Excuse me."

We broke apart so quickly that I banged my head on the mat. I cursed under my breath.

Tori was standing in the doorway, covering her eyes.

"Tori? How did you get in here?" I asked frantically.