you smell that? smells like bullshit

"It's called wolfsbane. Highly toxic to werewolves." Mystic High's nurse told me as I laid on the cot, still feeling the ghost of the pain on my fingertips. "It must've been on something you touched."

"I swear, I'm going to figure out who did this." Roan said even though I had a feeling about who did it.

Roan had skipped half of his fourth period class to stay with me. I texted him what happened and he rushed over. When it was almost the end of fourth period, I finally told him to leave.

"Don't you have class?"

"It's math," He shrugged and I sighed.

"You have too many absences. Go," I pointed to the door but he hesitated, "Roan, I'm fine. I'm not dead. Go." I repeated but he still didn't move.

"At least go to gym, Ham will kill you if you're late again. Besides, my parents are coming soon. And trust me, once they get here, it's going to be a mess." They freaked out about every little thing I did, I wondered how they'd take this.

"And I'm here to keep her company," Mystic High's nurse, whose name completely escaped me, added.

"Okay," He looked at me again before standing up, "If you're sure."

"See you later," I waved goodbye and he was almost out the door when he came back.

"Did you forget something?" I asked curiously. He walked over to me and bent down.

"Goodbye kiss." He gave me a quick kiss on my forehead and I smiled.

Which was exactly when my parents came rushing in.

"Lia, my baby!" Mom was full on sobbing, coming over and hugging me tightly, "Are you okay? What happened?"

"Ew, Mom, we're in public," I tried to shake her off of me.

Dad pried her off of me, "Lia probably wants to rest." Then he noticed Roan off to the side, "Oh, who are you?"

"I'm Roan-"

"He was just leaving," I interrupted quickly, "Now get to class, slacker."

"Bye, hope you feel better," He waved to me and my parents before grabbing his backpack.

Mom turned to Mystic High's nurse, "What happened? I heard she touched wolfsbane."

"Yes, she must've touched it in class."

"But why would someone do that?" Mom's voice rose in pitch.

"To be perfectly honest, ever since the reveal of us werewolves, there's been an increase in these types of situations."

Just great.

"So it wasn't an accident. Someone purposefully tried to kill her." Dad stated and I shivered. It was probably Jesse. I mean, I knew he hated werewolves and that he killed one or two but I knew him and he knew me. I couldn't believe he'd actually try to kill me.

"Lia, we were thinking. . . That you should transfer into Mystic High once the renovations are done." Mom suggested and I crossed my arms.