welcome to the single ladies club, where we sing campfire songs and eat pizza

I woke up an hour before my alarm went off, "Bad Things" blasting from the speaker.

It took me two hours to go to sleep, I couldn't stop thinking about yesterday. 100% was spent thinking about Asher and Laurel and 1000% was consumed with worrying about Roan. Specifically why he kissed me in the first place.

It wasn't that I liked him, but more that he liked me. Despite everything, I considered him one of my best friends. I could tell him anything and he'd listen, even if he looked like he could care less.

But I wanted to make Asher jealous, not get with Roan.

"Lia! You're going to be late!" Dad called from downstairs and I finally swung my legs over and got out of bed.

School, blah, blah, blah, everything was going by normally.

Then I got to bio, where we were doing a lab with "dangerous" chemicals. And guess what happened? That's right, Roan and I almost blew up the whole school. Again.

"It wasn't my fault, I told him he was putting in too much acid." I told Ms. Weatherly, our teacher. She looked like she was done with us, since it wasn't the first time we'd done something bad. She hated us and I didn't blame her.

"Oh, it's always my fault." Roan spoke up.

"Regardless, both of you will have to stay to clean all of this up." There were chemicals everywhere, the floor a total mess.

"Okay." Both of us agreed, even though it wasn't really my fault.

"You're lucky neither of you got hurt. Get to work, I'll get the mop. Start with washing the lab benches down with the special soap." She instructed impatiently and then left briefly.

"Nice going," I mumbled, watching as Roan got a sponge and started to wash the tables.

"Just get to work."

After the bio incident, I walked to English with a late pass.

"Sorry, I almost blew up the school a second time this year." I told Mr. Hudson and the class snickered.

"I didn't ask why but okay,"

I took my seat and tapped Stella on the shoulder infront of me.

"What'd I miss?"

"Nothing. He was just going over the reading." For some reason, she sounded off. Usually she was bubbly and talkative but today she just sounded solemn and somber.

"Something wrong?"

She whispered back, "We broke up. Actually, I can't even call it that because we were never dating." She said bitterly and I didn't know what to think.

"Welcome to the single ladies club, where we sing campfire songs and eat pizza." I tried to cheer her up but she just faced forward, eyes drowning in her phone.

I wanted to tell her it was a good thing but it looked like she didn't want to talk.

It was kind of boring without us gossiping in the back.

Lunch was much more interesting.

Stella's ex walked up to our table and sat down next to Taylor. Thank God Stella was in the bathroom or else it would've been World War III.