a little peanut butter never killed nobody

"Okay, I found out from Taylor that Laurel's allergic to peanut butter. And I got her locker combo." Stella took out a jar of Jiff and a sticky note and I widened my eyes.

"Are we really this mean?" I felt kind of guilty for doing this.

"Not mean. Tenacious."

"I don't know-"

"You poured your heart and soul into admitting your feelings to this guy, and all along he's been kissing another girl-"

I winced, "The wounds are still salty, Stell."

"Sorry. I'm just saying, he deserves you and he needs to realize that. So, the only way to do that is to get rid of Laurel. Besides, it's not like anyone will find out."

I just felt really dirty about doing this. I wanted to win back Asher, but not this way.

"Alright. . ."

I still didn't feel good about this.

.•*•.

"My nephew has graciously offered to watch over you delinquents." Principal Galante announced in a stern voice.

"I bet he's some middle-aged prune." Stella snickered and I snorted.

"Is there something funny about getting detention?" Principal Galante stared right at me, her hands on her hips.

"No." I said in my most serious tone.

"You should all be ashamed of yourselves." She looked directly at me and Stella when she said that.

"I blame Stella." Jesse said automatically.

"It wasn't my fault." She whipped around, anger in her eyes.

"You're the one who started the whole thing."

"You're the one who body slammed Roan for no reason. It's your own damn fault." She spat at him and it was obvious they still hated each other.

"I was trying to break up the fight." He said in exasperation but she turned back around.

"Sure looked like it." I began to recall what happened two days ago.

"Is it true you were the one who told the principal what we did to Laurel?" Nicole crossed her arms, all business-like.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't."

"What the actual fuck, John." Stella hissed but he just shrugged his shoulders. When Stella and I got caught, we heard rumors that John told the principal what we did. I couldn't believe he'd snitched on us, I thought he was cool.

"What the actual fuck to you, too! Who puts peanut butter in the locker of someone allergic to peanut butter?" John demanded. "What is wrong with you?"

"You're lucky I don't resort to violence," Stella crossed her arms and I stepped forward, "But Lia does."

I slapped John across the face, my palm hitting his cheekbone. That'll teach him to stay out of our business.

It was meant to be a harmless slap, nothing more, but of course John had to fight back. His eyes were wild with anger as he pushed me back against the cold lockers. I'd never seen him so angry before, he was always so calm.