and the award for best lie goes to you

At first, I didn't believe a single word Drake said. But as I looked at Roan's face and listened to his heart beating rapidly, I had to take Drake's words as the truth.

"You're saying I'm the daughter of an Alpha?" I asked.

"Your father is the younger brother of Alpha Theron. And now that he's dead with no heirs, your father is next in line. So, yes."

But my parents were just normal, boring wolves. They couldn't be that high in rank, they just couldn't be. They'd told me over and over that they were just common wolves who wanted to live like humans.

"No," I objected, "No, that's not possible. Wouldn't someone have tracked us down or something?" I'm going to need to have a long, long talk with my parents.

"That's where Roan comes in."

Roan hadn't said anything and neither had Asher.

I narrowed my eyes, "You think I'm gonna believe you, the guy who betrayed his entire species? You gotta be kidding me."

He was nothing but a liar and a traitor.

"Listen to my heartbeat. And listen to his."

I scowled at him but couldn't help myself. Roan's heart was beating rapidly while Drake's was steady.

"Lia Theron," He stated suddenly, "That's your real name."

"Go. Just go." I said angrily and with a smug look on his face, Drake left.

Silence. The silence before the storm.

And that storm was me.

"You didn't tell me. Why didn't you tell me?" I wanted to scream so badly but I held it all in. I would not scream, I would have self-control.

"Lia, before you unleash your wrath on me, just hear me out-"

"No, just tell me if what he's saying's true or not."

"It's true, it's true. I was supposed to be a grade ahead of you and I was supposed to go to Mystic High but then my parents got word of Alpha Theron's brother running away and their entire pack turning into chaos. So my parents thought it would be a good idea to find you and have you come back to the pack."

Wow, and the truth comes out.

"How long did you know?"

It looked like it physically pained him to say it, "Thirteen years." That would put him long before we even met.

"So let me get this straight, your parents basically paid you to be friends with me so they could make sure they found the missing royal family?" I didn't let him answer, "You were just using me?"

"No, I didn't use you-"

"Just shut up," He knew about me all along and didn't even tell me.

I slapped my hand on the glass separating me and Asher.

"Did you know about this?"

"No." Asher shook his head rapidly, looking as surprised as I did.

"Right, like I believe you." The Jackson and Trueblood packs were friends, why should I trust anything they said.