i got 99 problems and you are all of them

Hell no.

That was my first reaction.

Did he find out about me from Laurel? Did she tell him about what I did?

I stared at the screen, glaring impatiently in my face.

After a minute, I finally started typing.

Me: Now?

Asher: Meet me at the big rock

He didn't even phrase it as a question, he just assumed I'd go. And he was right.

"I thought we weren't supposed to bring our phones." Roan leaned over to see who was texting me but I pushed him back.

"I have to go."

"It was Asher, wasn't it?"

"Maybe. Why do you want to know?"

"He tells you to meet him somewhere and you immediately have to go see him. If he told you to jump off a bridge, you'd probably do it, right?" He sounded kind of mad.

"We were having a moment, don't ruin it." I got off the rock, waiting to see if he'd walk back with me.

"Alright, see you around, Leia," He only called me that when he wanted to annoy me. Or he was annoyed with me.

I walked back to the big rock, remembering that it was a few yards away from the fire pit, and easily spotted Asher. He was surrounded by other Mystic High kids, and when they saw me, they looked at each other and then back at me.

Asher shook his head and led me away from everybody.

"What do you want to talk about?" I gulped, wondering why his friends were looking at me.

"My pack is having a festival this Saturday. Would you like to come with me?"

That was not what I was expecting.

"Like a date?" I asked cautiously.

I was expecting a firm no but he looked at me thoughtfully and said, "Yeah, I guess it is."

I paced around the woods, my back to him.

"What made you change your mind?"

"I feel like I didn't give you a chance."

"But what about Laurel?" I picked at a loose thread on my jeans. Did she not tell him about what I did?

"What about her?"

"I thought you guys were dating." He seemed uncomfortable and I assumed I'd hit a nerve, "Or did you break up?"

"We decided to end it."

I was going to ask why but he changed the topic.

"So, you in?"

I finally turned around and stopped pacing. I looked him in the eyes, wondering if this was some trick or something. But he just smiled hopefully at me and I fell for him once again.

"Okay."

I could barely hide my excitement, I wanted to tell someone, anyone. But then I remembered that my friends and I weren't talking and I doubted that Roan wanted to listen to me swoon.