A Date Between Us

Maya's POV

After spending time with her father and me for the first time, Arabella runs to me with my cell phone exclaming, "Mommy! Daddy's texting you!" She hands me my phone as I whisper to Arabella, "Thank you, sweetie." "You're welcome, Mommy." Arabella whispers before she walks back to the living room, allowing me to text, "Hi." I walk to the living room, asking Arabella, "Sweetie, do you want to go out to McDonalds?" "Yes!" Arabella squeals so adorable as she puts on her little ugg boots over her socks, pulling down her hoodie over her body, and adding her fur coat that ends to her lower back. I grab my phone to listen the music on TT Pod when I see one message on message logo, so I swipe the text Ryan sends me.

-Text Message Conservation-

Ryan: What are u doing

Maya: Arabella & I are getting ready to go out 2 McDonalds

Ryan: Okay

Instead of going to McDonalds, do u want 2 go out on a date with me      

Maya: Ok. Where?

Ryan: Tonight at Friday’s at 7:00

Maya: Ok    

Ryan: I’ll see u and Arabella there 

-End of Text Message Conservation-

I walk back to Arabella to the bathroom, so I can give her a bath and after that, I tell her to sit on the living room to do her hair with the perfector fusion styler. I create a flip on her bangs and bouncy straight curls. I just leave my hair straight, but also make a flip on my bang. As Arabella puts her hoodie, fur coat, socks, and her Uggs back on, I grab my phone, wallet, and apply Maybelline Baby Lips cherry me on my lips before I put the supplies in my purse. Whoosh! I zip the purse as Arabella applies the same lip balm, but it’s quenched. She secures it in the pocket of her coat, fastening it.

“Mommy, I’m ready!”

With a smile on my face, I say, “Okay, let’s go meet Daddy at T.G.I. Fridays.”                              

“Wait a minute. I thought we’re going to McDonalds?” Arabella furrows her eyebrows.

“Sweetie, Daddy changed his mind. He wants us to go see him at T.G.I. Fridays at 7:00.” I explain to Arabella.

“We’re going to Fridays because you’re going on a date with just Daddy and not me?” Arabella asks, pouting her lips and making puppy eyes.                                                                              

“Arabella, no! Daddy and I are never leaving you alone, baby. You’re still our daughter and tonight, you are going to come with me and Daddy to Fridays because you are my favorite angel God has ever created, Bella.” I confess to Arabella, raising her frown into a grimace. “I love you, Mommy,” Arabella exclaims, jumping to me before I respond with a laugh, “I love you too, Arabella.” With that, I grab my keys off the coffee table, putting them inside my purse and holding Arabella’s left hand, closing the door. Arabella and I walk to my car when she pulls the handle of the back seat before she puts on the seat belt a I do the same thing after I start the car.

As I pull up to the parking lot of T.G.I. Fridays, Arabella exclaims, “Mommy! I see Daddy!” “Where, baby?” I query. “Daddy’s getting out of his car, Mommy!” “Hold on, baby. We’re going in. Are you ready, sweetie?” I turn my head to the right to see my baby girl grinning, “Yes, Ma’am!” Arabella drawls. I laugh and tickle her cheeks with my fingertips, removing my seat belt. I watch Arabella removing her seat belt as I get out the vehicle to be on her side when she gets out. Arabella shuts the door and I press lock before we walk into the restaurant hand in hand. We look at both sides and continue walking inside of Friday’s.