Is That An Angel Or...?!

November 14, 2012

Maya

I am now a novice author. I just completed my second novel, Farewell, Virginity: Be Cautious. I published my first novel, Pregnancy Awaits as my autobiography when I was 2 months pregnant with my daughter, Arabella. Yes, I just admit it; I have a four year old daughter, Arabella. I delivered her through a C Section and I almost died. It was so scary, you have no idea how scary it was. That is one of my hugest fears. Without a father, Arabella is very distraught because my baby girl believes that every child should have two parents. To see my daughter very elated, I have recently try to go on dates, but it's not really my forte. I can't just replace my baby's original father with a new one. Speaking of this situation, I haven't heard or seen Ryan ever since my C Section survival back in March 2008. I really do miss my best friend because I haven't receive any text messages from him in a while. I did not get enroll to my dream college to the CUNY because I was a month pregnant. Right now, I'm just finishing my shift from 7:30 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. at my job as a writer/editor for novels.

As I get out of the building, I just receive a text message from my BF, Amberly. Her text message reads,

Amberly: Hey, Maya! Want to come over and have our mother/ daughter day on your 23rd birthday?

Me: Okay!

I walk to the parking lot and find my car, blinking orange lights twice. I press the unlock button on my keys. I open the front door of my car and get inside, shutting the door close. I insert my car key into the ignition.

While I start the car, my cell phone bloops.

Amberly: Oh, my gosh! This is, like, great! We can watch movies and give us and our daughters a makeover!

I just laugh and drive off to my mother's house at 20 Pine Street Apt: 1613.

My family, the Anderson's, are the first rich family in Manhattan because the three of my uncles; Norman, Sherman, and Marvin started a business together, naming the Anderson Bros. My uncles became entrepreneurs for opening the first Bed and Breakfast hotel in Hawaii, 1954. Anyway, I pull up to the driveway and release my car key from the ignition. I open the front door, close it, and press the lock button. I enter the building and go on an elevating journey to the 16th floor. The bell dings and I walk out, taking my steps to the door of the left. I press my index finger against the doorbell.

The footsteps begin to approach closer, revealing my mom. "Happy birthday, my baby!" Mom exclaims, opening her arms towards me.

"Thank you, mom!" I thank.

Our arms encircles one another and a cute voice has my attention. I turn around to my growing and beautiful daughter as I lift her up in circles. She throws her hugest smile at me, which looks like mine along with her long light brunette hair.

"Happy birthday, mommy!" Arabella exclaims, handing me a picture frame with my name in script and it is a picture of Arabella and I from the photo shoot for a mothers only magazine three weeks ago. As I pick up the frame, a picture lands onto the floor as it is dancing with the chilly, November wind. I bent over to the floor and grasp onto the photo of Ryan and I at our high school graduation. I can feel tears starting up with my nose quenching and Arabella asks, "Mommy, who is he?"

I begin to have flashbacks on the night Ryan and I become intimately drunk that leads to my pregnancy.

"He's mommy's best friend, sweetie." I answer, noticing my voice croaking. "Aw, sweetie, there are no tears on your birthday. You will see Ryan again someday. I miss Ryan, too; We all do. He is like a brother to you and a son to me and to your father. I even feel really terrible for Mary Ann to see her own son grieving everyday ever since Arabella was born. May God bless her and Ryan, too." My mom sighs melancholy.