A Very Special Christmas & New Years {Part Two}

Maya's POV

Today is New Years Eve, which is the same night as the Annual Literature Awards, that is being held by my boss, Crystal and her husband, Brice Stephens every year on New Years Eve to promote employees in becoming one of the top notch authors. Also, tonight is their two year anniversary of their marriage. Tonight the Annual Literature Awards is locating at the Manhattan Penthouse and it starts at 7:45 PM. It is now 5:56 PM and I'm currently curling my hair with the curling wand- don't be wrong; I have the perfector fusion styler to straighten my hair, but I only use the curling wand to make my hair appear more fuller. Then, I run my fingers through my hair to the right, finishing my Moonlight Luster look by Michelle Phan on YouTube. "Mommy, you look pretty like a celebrity on the red carpet! I wanna wear makeup just like you!" Arabella gasps. "Thank you, sweetie, but you do not need makeup to look drop dead gorgeous. All you need is your Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm and you're ready to go. Being bare is the overwhelming power over the paints of lipsticks, eye shadows, blushes, mascaras, foundations, and eyeliners. You should accept having a fresh skin, but please keep your Baby Lips lip balm." I advise. "Wow! I never heard that before. You should be a quotes person." I laugh at Arabella's comment. A month, I receive an invitation from Desideria and Brandon and they're celebrating their nuptials next month on the thirteenth, which is two Sundays from now. Ryan and I practice the Lambada for the reception's first dance. On the desk, I see a note lying on the cup coaster.

I pick it up, reading the handwriting that looks deadly, 'I still know what we did on June 8, 2007!' I snicker, recalling the night of June 8, 2007.

(Flashback: June 8, 2007 7:45 PM @ Prince George Ballroom, NY) 

Tonight is prom night and what I’m wearing is a gold Terani prom dress JP603, chandelier earrings, the hairstyle Sheba, which I copy off from the website IMVU and natural makeup. Last night, Dominic texts me that he has to visit in California and when I text him why, I get no response from him. So, I prop my elbow on the decorative table, sighing when I feel a hand cupping my bare shoulder, thinking it’ll be Dominic, but I turn around to see Ryan smile sadly. My eyes roam from head to toe, seeing Ryan wearing a white short sleeve button up shirt with black slacks along with black suede shoes.

“Ry, what’s wrong?” I ask.

“It’s Heather. She just texted me she’s visiting in California and when I text her who she’s visiting, I get no response from her. What the fuck?!” “That’s what happened to me, too! Read this shit, Ryan!” I tell, showing the recent messages to Ryan on my phone. “Maya, do you think he might do something else than just visiting in California?” Ryan asks me. I ask him the same question and he replies, “If Heather’s doing something behind my back, I’m calling it quits even though we’ve been together for four months. I can’t accept Heather’s absences whenever I want her to be with me.” “Yeah, same here for Dominic. If that faggot’s cheating on me, Ryan, I’m beating the fuck out of him, Ry. Seriously, I’ll fuck him up. Luckily, I called Cheaters and I already installed the cameras wherever he goes. I should hook you up.” I suggest.                                               

“Nah, I’m not the guy who accuses their girlfriend of infidelity unless they admit it to me. But thanks for the recommendation, Maya.” Ryan objects, as he continues texting. I decide to just get a drink because  I just want to have fun for my night at prom, so I ask for a Shirley Temple drink and when I pick up my beverage, I see one of my friends since eighth grade, Brenna with four girls; Cassandra, Melanie, Faye, and June and a guy, whose name is Jackson. “Hi, Maya! I like your dress! Come dance with the girls and Jackson, I have a huge announcement to make!”