The Call

Maya's POV

Yesterday, Ryan begins taking care of me after the anal incident as we’re now taking a hot, bubbly bath together while Arabella is at school. My long tresses is in a bun and my head is lying on top of Ryan’s heart beating chest as I feel the silk of the washcloth nourish my back with water cascading my back. “Ahh, that feels so good, Mr. Ryan Carter.” I sigh as Ryan is circling the washcloth on my lower back. “I guess I broke your cherry last night, huh, Maya?” Ryan chuckles, stroking my hair with his fingers and smooching on my forehead. “You sure did, Ry.” I giggle. “Maya, I want to apologize for this year’s Valentine’s Day.” Ryan apologizes. “Ryan, why are you apologizing to me? You don’t have to apologize, hubby.” I assure. “I thought I was gonna lose you again and I don’t want that to happen again.” Ryan tells me. “Ry, you still have me right here with you now.” I reply, caressing from his now sandy blonde hair to the sides of his face. “We’re gonna have each other forever and tomorrow, too.” Ryan whispers in my ear with his smooth as velvet husky accent in his voice. Tomorrow is Ryan and I’s engagement party and we’ve already did the guest list, the seating charts, catering, centerpieces, and the location for the party will take place at the Trump Hotel in Soho, NYC.

After taking our bath, I grab the Luscious Pink fragrance by Mariah Carey off the dresser and spray the citrus scenting mists all over my body before I cover the bottle with a cap and putting it back on the top of the dresser. I grab a pair of panties out of the chiffonier and drop it as I hear a low throat clearing at my direction. I cringe at the sound.

“Maya Corinne Anderson, what do you think you’re doing?” I snap my head at Ryan, whose towel is surrounding his waist. Arching my eyebrow, I answer, “Getting dressed?”

“No. No, no, no, no, no. I’m just getting started to think how I’m gonna give you a massage.” Ryan chuckles, holding the black currant vanilla massage oil from Bath and Body Works in his hand and smirking at me. I exasperatingly sigh and lay my stomach on the bed, pulling the towel down to my waist. “Maya, no huffing and puffing. Let me do all the work.” Ryan grunts sternly. Suit and Tie by Justin Timberlake featuring Jay Z begins playing from the stereo I have since my twelfth birthday. My soft, baby-like skin is nurturing with the scent of vanilla liquid, pouring all over my back. Ryan’s hands are kneading onto my skin as if my skin is dough, but with the oils of vanilla, it feels absolutely good. A growl in my stomach disturbs the massage because Ryan’s hands drop to my lower back. “Maya, was that your stomach?” Ryan asks me.

“Yes, it was.” I answer, grabbing a strawberry from the bowl beside my body, a salami sandwich with hot sauce, and spicy nacho Doritos. Ryan chuckles. “Maya, what did you eat for breakfast?” “I had French toast, hash browns, orange juice, eggs, bacon, and strawberries, which I’m eating right now, for this morning’s breakfast. Why’d you ask?” I ask.

“I asked you because you… Wait a minute- Maya, you had hash browns for breakfast? I thought you don’t like hash browns.” Ryan explains, resuming his hands on my back. “Well, I’m starting to like them.” I put the hash browns back on the plate as Louis Armstrong vocals begin.

“You know, Maya, I’m so fucking glad to have you back into my life.” Ryan says. “Why’s that, Ry?” I murmur against the muscle of my shoulder and seeing Ryan’s face comes closer inches away from my face. “So, we can share our history together with Arabella.” Ryan explains, placing kisses on the blade of my shoulder, forehead, nose, and lips. Ryan envelops his arms around my waist and mutters, “I am so glad to have you back in my life, Maya. You have no idea how much I’ve missed you. I missed you so much, Maya.” I roll on my back to reach for my bra on the bed whilst Ryan hovers me and cups the sides of my face. “I missed you too, Ryan.” I confess, snuggling on his bare chest. That Old Feeling by Louis Armstrong starts playing from my stereo.

“You know, Maya… On the night of your birthday, I almost didn’t recognize you because of your hair.” Ryan says, running his fingers through my dark brunette tresses. “Why’s that?” I question, standing my elbow on the bed and smirking at Ryan. “I don’t know why. Maybe it’s because when we were in high school, your hair used to be the length of your shoulders and now, it’s long.”  Ryan chuckles, smooching my hair. “I’m so glad I have you back into my life, but you returned by staying with me and Arabella because she is our daughter.” I reply.

Two hours later, Ryan and I are in the living room when he mentions, “My, I’m gonna get Arabella from the bus stop.” “Okay, Ry.” I smile, loving the fact Ryan is in Arabella’s life. “Maya, what are you smiling at,  at me?” Ryan laughs, putting on his shoes and jacket. “I’m smiling because I love having you around.” I admit. Ryan walks to me, caging me on the couch and growls, “I love having you around in my life too.”

I look at the timer of the cable box to see the fact it is 2:46 in the afternoon. “Go get our daughter, Ry!” I chortle, pushing his tickles off me. “I’ll be right back, M’Lady.” Ryan sottos in my ear, walking to the door and exits. I continue laughing and hold my stomach with my hands  when the phone rings and the caller ID appears across the television screen. I grab the pen and paper to write in the call logs book of the day, so Ryan and I can know who calls our apartment phone. I pick up the phone and respond, “Hello, this is Maya speaking, who is this?”

“Maya? Maya Anderson? Long time no see, Maya! This is Mr. Carter, remember me?” My face drops to the floor with empty sounds and words out of my mouth due to shock.

“Of course, I do, Mr. Carter! How are you these days?” I query. “I am no longer a criminal and now, I can finally enjoy life without being involved with murder, violence, and death. I am sure glad to have a normal life. May I speak with Ryan?” Mr. Carter asks. “Mr. Carter, Ryan is picking our daughter up from the bus stop.” I tell. I hear a dead silence for a while and I inquiry, “Mr. Carter, are you still here?” “You and Ryan have a kid together? How old is she?”

“She’s turning five next month.” I answer. “She’s five years old? Mariam told me how it’d happen between you and Ryan six years ago and  I also heard that you and Ryan are officially engaged since New Years. I am now remarried and I am the head manager of the hospital, which Ryan doesn’t know about now. Maya, if you see Ryan, please  tell him that I called  and I miss him, Lindsay, and their mother so much. Have a nice day and happy engagement between you and Ryan. I am very blessed to see you as my future daughter in law, Maya.” I smirk. “Thank you, Mr. Carter and have a nice day. Bye.” I add, hanging the telephone while Ryan and Arabella comes through the door, laughing. “I did win too. Ryan sings. “You did not, Dad!” Arabella giggles. “Mommy! Mommy! Daddy won the race between him and I finished my art project!” Arabella opens her beautiful art project of her, Ryan, and I smiling and there is a poem below us titling, ‘Daddy.’ “Arabella! This is such a beautiful art you created for Mommy and Daddy!” I exclaim, hugging Arabella and kissing her cheeks. “Thanks, Mommy!” “You’re welcome, baby.” I laugh. “Who were you speaking to on the phone, Maya?” Ryan asks me. “Ryan, your father called me.” I notify. Ryan’s smile transforms into a shock.

My Dad called?” Ryan inquiries.