Chapter Fourteen- The SOUL-guards

The moment I stepped into my room I was reading the book. The pages of the book were an old yellow color. 

'Long ago it was said that the SOUL was used to find magic. People used SOULS to be able to use magic. Monsters were more capable of using the magic as they were more in touch with their SOULS.

Humans grew jealous about this. They wanted the power that the Monsters could control so easily. They would do anything to get it.

They kept the Monsters close to them. Hoping that they would be able to learn how to unlock this power. 

Very few people were able to do this. It was very rare to see a Human use SOUL power.

It came clear that the Humans would do anything to get the power that the Monsters had. A groups of people had formed. 

They were chosen based one their strength and SOUL. Every one in the group had different SOUL colors.

Idan The Pure Hearted: Orange SOUL of Bravery. Monster.

Taylor The Quick Shot: Yellow SOUL of Justice. Human.

Jacob The Honest Heart: Blue SOUL of Integrity.  Monster.

Ava The Befriender: Green SOUL of Kindness. Monster. 

Ashley The All Knowing: Purple SOUL of Perseverance. Human.

James The Unmoved: Teal SOUL of Patience. Human.

This group of six were picked by the king of Monsters and the king of the Monsters. 

They all had access to the SOUL power. 

The group were named the SOUL-guards. Each of them being able to do different things. 

When the time comes they would be called to help. They stopped the Humans from hurting the Monsters for their SOUL power. 

After a while they became overwhelmed with both the power they possessed and the burden they carried. At one point the group turned on each other.

They turned their backs on the world that needed them so much. They broke apart. 

They went around the world leaving what they were in pieces.

 What was once a loyal group of friends became a distant memory.

Some say that Ashley and Jacob had become more than friends, going as far as baring a child.

This just shows that nothing lasts forever. Nothing is built to last.

Not to long after the group had disbanded had a war broken out, between the Humans and Monsters.

The Humans won and the Monsters were sent underground. 

The Monsters had killed the king of the Humans who had many Monsters chained up for their power. 

It was said that some time after the Monsters were sent away had Ashley had a child. A Hybrid. 

Let this be a tragic tale of the once powerful group known as the SOU-guards. 

Maybe one day a new group can restore balance to the once beautiful world.'

I let out a sigh as I closed the book. 

~~~~~~~~

Hey, guys! Sorry for the short chapter. Long one will come out next.

~Snowflake