Character Profile: Alec

ALL CHARACTER PROFILES WERE DONE DURING THE WRITING OF THE RULES OF SURVIVAL

Character profile:  Alec

Full name:  Alexi Emesto Ortiz

Preferred name:  Alec

D.O.B:  13th June

Age: 19

Parents:  Cara and Alexi Ortiz (Deceased)

Sibling/s:  Lottie Ortiz (Deceased)

Tattoos:

CBK tattoo on the side of his neck.

Another tattoo running down his back to one side.  It’s about a foot in length and is two or three paragraphs in Spanish (don’t know what it says yet but we will find out in RoE!)

An intricately beautiful butterfly that’s in mid flight, drawn around the writing on his back.  Covers most of his lower back.  (He has it in memory of his older sister.  Having lost his family at such a young age, he doesn’t remember much of them.  What he does recall is his sister’s lover of butterflies.  He got the tattoo in an effort not to forget her and his parents.)

Piercings:

Has both ears pierced.

Scars:

His hands are pretty scarred from constant fighting and from working as a mechanic.

Has a scar that cuts his left brow in half.

General appearance:

5’10, leanly muscled.  Brown eyes.  Black hair that he styles into a short, messy Mohawk.  Sharp cheekbones, angular face.  Caramel coloured skin.  His hands always appear dirty thanks to permanent grease stains from working on cars.  He has an intense stare, and hardly ever smiles.

Occupation:  Mechanic

Favourite colour:  Red

Favourite food: Enchiladas

Hobbies:  Taking things apart to find out how they work.  

Extremely dislikes:  Shopping of any kind.  He usually avoids it until Henry points out he has more clothes with holes in them than not.

Bad habits:  

Smoking.  

Judging people as soon as he lays eyes on them.  

Hitting first and asking questions later.

Reason he joined the CBK:  

Callahan approached him and made an offer too good to pass up.  As a naïve child, the idea of making money was extremely appealing.  He didn’t fully understand the whole “No out” clause.

Age of induction:  13

Brief history:  

Alec lost his parents and older sister to a car accident when he was five.  He was staying at a friend’s house when it happened.

After their deaths he was put into the foster system, having no other immediate family.  He spent the next eight years going from foster home to foster home.  By the time he was thirteen he’d been in forty-seven homes.  In each new place he acted out, bullying the other kids, getting into all kinds of trouble.  All he wanted was for his parents to come and get him and take him home.

He had trouble accepting his family was gone.

Alec was expelled from eight different schools, and stopped going back once he was inducted into the CBK.  

He started tinkering with cars at the age of nine, and at thirteen he could take an engine apart and put it back together with the greatest ease.

Not long after he was inducted, Alec started smoking.  At first it was just because everyone around him was doing it, but it soon became a coping mechanism for the stress of his job with the CBK.

He was removed from the foster system by Callahan, who became his official guardian.  The CBK often takes in orphans and troublesome kids with nowhere to go.  One of Callahan’s men Reed was ordered to take Alec in and provide a roof over his head.

Although Alec and Reed lived together, they each stayed out of the others way and only interacted if it was extremely necessary.

Alec spent his first couple of years with the CBK getting into fights with anyone who messed with him.  Some of the long lived members thought it was fun to provoke him because he always came back swinging.

When he was fifteen, Alec met Henry.  Thinking Henry was another asshole out to get a piece of him, he immediately went on the offensive, and the two ended up in a huge fistfight when Henry tried to say hello and Alec punched him in the face in response.  

Henry eventually won the fight, and with it Alec’s respect.  The two became close friends from that moment on.

At sixteen Alec found work outside of the CBK, working in an auto shop.  The man who owned the shop agreed to take Alec on as a casual employee after he demonstrated his prowess on an engine the man hadn’t been able to get running for six months.  Alec still works for him to this day, and the two have developed a lasting friendship.

At seventeen, Justice requested the transfer of Alec from under Kit’s supervision to his own.  Alec had heard a lot of things about Justice Montoya, but the one thing that always came to his mind was he’d been told Montoya was Callahan’s favourite.

Thinking this was how he got his enforcer status at such a young age, Alec’s first impression of Montoya was pretty bad.  He gave Montoya a lot of grief in the beginning, having been given no choice in the swap.  On the upside, Henry was also working under Montoya - it was Henry that asked Montoya to take on Alec as a favour.

Montoya eventually earned Alec’s respect by simply proving himself to be an excellent leader and a vicious fighter, and by always putting his guy’s needs before his own.

As a result of his tragic past, Alec is quick to judge people and condemn them for faults they do not even have.  It makes it difficult for him to develop relationships with new people, and most times he avoids getting too familiar with people he doesn’t already know.  Deep down he believes everybody is destined to leave him, and so he thinks the less people he lets in, the less it will hurt seeing them all leave. 

At nineteen, he has never had a girlfriend, and the idea of getting intimately close to a girl terrifies him.  It doesn’t top him from indulging in the occasional casual hook up, but he always stresses beforehand that it’s a no strings attached kind of deal.

Henry is the closest thing Alec has to family and the only person he confides in 100%.  The two are so close some of the CBK refer to them as “the twins” even though they are not blood related.

Ideal girl:  

If the dreaded time comes, Alec hopes he finds a girl who’s even more socially awkward than he is.  If he’s extremely lucky they’ll be too busy focusing on her issues for her to realise he comes with a whole set of his own baggage.