Chapter 5- Stuck Up Prince, and Tutoring

"Mary." Lacy said, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"What?" I asked. "Your dozing off." Lacey replied.

"Uh, well, I hardly got any sleep last night." I said. I sighed. "Kendall was on the phone with me all night." I said, irratated.

Lacey looked suprised. "No thanks to you " I said, with annoyance in my voice. "He was on my back!!" She said. "Literally " she mumbled. I laughed. "He actually was on your back?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Yeah, he said he wouldn't get off until I told him your number." She said. What the heck, he's so childish.

"He was desperate?" I asked. She shook her head agian. That's surprising, it was probably to check in on the project. Or something else?

I walked in my homeroom and plopped a seat. "Hey Mary." A smooth voice said. I looked to see, Brad. "What do you want?" I asked, not making eye contact. Brad, just as bad as Kendall if you ask me. He doesn't care for anyone except himself.

He smiled. "Just give me the answers for the homework." He said. "Yeah right, figure them out for yourself, stupid." I retorted. Brad gave me a impatient look before sitting down to bother someone else.

"Everyone, settle down." Mrs.Samford said. She shut the door behind her.

"We're going to...." She said, as her words drifted away.

I started to think about random things. Why would Lacey give him my number, oh yeah, right, because Kendall,was on her back. Wouldn't blame her. I wonder...what if I was in a Fairytale? Would Kendall be the annoying stuck up prince. Most likely. What am i thinking? What is it about him that...bothers me? Like a itching feeling in the pit of my stomach. Like he actually has something for me.

Man, Kendall for a science partner is the worse. Nothing could be worse. Its like babysitting a high schooler. He's so childish to be a "bad boy". Im not even sure by this point. The bell rings, snapping me out of my transe. "Wow, that was quick." I mumbled as I walked out the room.

"Wait." Mrs. Samford put her hand on my shoulder. "Yes?" I asked. She gives a smile. Like a pleading one. "Can you please tutor Kendall?" She asked, out of the blue. What? Tutor him? I paused. Not only being a partner, but this too? "I guess." I replied. Mrs. Samford smiled. "Okay, I figured you could, since he's already your science partner, and your the smartest girl in my class, he needs to raise his grades."

I smiled. "Yeah." I said walking out.

I was wrong. It can get worse.