Chapter 5

"Well.... y-yeah, I do, but I try to meditate away from it," Leo said as his final response. Mikey looked up and glared at Leo. He couldn't believe that that was his brother's response. Mikey shifted uncomfortably as he looked at Leo. "But.... what about Karai? What was everything overall when you liked her?" Mikey leaned towards Leo, hoping for an answer that he would prefer. Leo hesitated, but managed to speak," Are you asking what it felt like?" Mike looked down, then back at his brother. "Yeah, I guess." Leo sighed deeply, but decided to explain his feelings to his youngest brother.

"It was like.... how do I explain this?" Leo pondered until he suddenly grabbed Mikey's wrist. "It was like this," Leo softly began to squeeze his brother's wrist and slowly tightened his grip. Mikey was bewildered but what Leo was doing to him. He did not understand at all. Leonardo noticed this and tried to explain. "Everytime I was around her, my chest ached like this," Leo continued to hold his grip as he spoke," And uh.... what I'm about to tell you you must not tell the others, alright?" Mikey had his eyes wide with eagerness, quickly he nodded. "....... Sometimes while meditating, she would appear in my mind. I would feel happy, until I realized that....... that she..." Leo was blushing madly and couldn't help but begin to sweat nervously. Mikey frowned when his brother didn't continue. He gave him alittle nudge to get his attention focused again. " 'That she' what?" Mikey was quickly becoming restless. Finally Leo looked at his brother and answered in a sad, distant whisper," That she and I could never be together." With no response, Mikey sat close to his older brother..... not knowing what to say. He saw Leo's head lower. Mikey frowned and looked down as well.
After about 10 minutes of silence, Mikey fumbled to speak again. " Leo," Leo's head popped up," can you tell things about love everyday? Please?" Mikey blushed but kept eye contact with Leo. Leo blushed and quickly responded,"Mike, I don't want you getting mixed feelings. I'm worried that you're gonna be depressed once you find out that none of us are allowed to love-" "What?...." Leo froze and turned a pale color. He knew he screwed up now. "We can't love?..... Are these the rules of the fearless leader?" Leo was shocked to hear Mikey say this. Terrified, Leo spoke again,"No... this isn't my choice." Mikey didn't look up. He kept his raged face hidden and lowered. "You can't keep us from having feelings, Leo!" Mikey raised his voice and finally jerked his head up. He fought to keep tears back, Leo could obviously see this. Not knowing wether to be mad or concerned, Leo stood away from Michelangelo and went to the door. He opened it and didn't look back before he said his last words before heading to the dojo. "I didn't make that decision Mikey.... Splinter did." Then the door slammed shut.