thirteen

"What the hell did you just say?" Namjoon asked again.

"My soulmate, Namjoon," Taehyung smiled, "he's the waiter at this restaurant I went to today with Tsai. His name is Jungkook and he's unbelievably shy and nervous all the time, a-"

"Are you even thinking about Tsai right now?" Namjoon interrupted, "Have you even told her that you found your soulmate?"

"That's why I'm here talking to you about it," Taehyung sighed, sitting on the bed next to Namjoon, "I don't know how I'm going to bring it up to her. I mean, as we were walking to the restaurant I was telling her how I didn't make it official with her yet because there was going to be someone out there better for us, anyways. She started to look pouty and do that thing where she sucks in her left cheek a bit to stop from crying." 

"I don't know how you're going to tell her if she's just going to end up in tears," Namjoon shrugged.

"Help me, Namjoon!"

"It's not in my place!" Namjoon responded, "You need to tell her in person, and you need to tell her soon. How am I supposed to help you with that? I can't make this easy for you, and I can't soften it up so her reaction won't be as bad. Tomorrow night, go and tell her, because you do it any earlier, you will mess up her entire day."

"She'll go to bed crying, you fucking idiot," Taehyung hissed.

"She'll cry during the whole day if you tell her in the damn morning!" Namjoon brought up, "Your goal is to tell her, and then reassure her that you will still take care of her and treat her nice." 

Taehyung groaned, shutting his eyes tight. He didn't think it would be so hard to tell someone he cared about that he had a soulmate. He was confessing a few hours ago that he really liked Tsai and now he's practically throwing it all out the window for someone he didn't even know that well.

Taehyung's phone rang on the small nightstand, and he got up, taking it with him before leaving Namjoon's room. Without checking the caller identification, he answers.

"Hello?"

"Taehyung, hi!"

Taehyung recognized the voice as the voice of the clumsy waiter from the restaurant, Jungkook. His heart was a little at ease when he heard Jungkook's soft, innocent voice. 

"Jungkook, hey. It's almost midnight, what are you doing up?"

"I'm not ten, Taehyung," Taehyung could practically hear Jungkook rolling his eyes, "but I just wanted to talk, if it's okay. If you have classes tomorrow morning then I can just call you tomorrow, or you can call me i-"

"Jungkook, you're rambling again," Taehyung chuckled, "and yes, we can talk right now." 

"You sound tired, though," Jungkook mentioned, "or stressed, maybe both."

"I want to talk to you, Jungkook," Taehyung assured him, "I'm fine."

Jungkook sighed into the receiver. "I'm just so happy I found you today, out of all days, and I'm happy you're so nice to me, even though it's our first time meeting."

Jungkook interrupted himself with a long yawn, before continuing, his voice a little slower now.

"And I'm thankful you're so handsome and tall, and you have nice hair...and I'm thankful for your pretty smile and I'm just...so happy..."

"Jungkook," Taehyung asked softly, "are you sleepy?"

"No, I'm not! I'm not!" Jungkook argued. 

"How long did you work today?" 

"Ten hours," Jungkook admitted, another yawn erupting from him.

"Call me when you wake up tomorrow, Jungkook," Taehyung spoke, "you're tired."

"...Can we meet up for lunch tomorrow?"

"Of course."

"Okay, I'll go to bed then. Don't ditch me, or I'll go to the nearest tattoo parlor and pretend I never knew you."

Taehyung laughed aloud, causing Jungkook's laughter as well. "Goodnight, Kookie."

"Goodnight," Jungkook answered, his voice small and soft after hearing Taehyung's stupid pet name for him. He hung up quickly, and Taehyung giggled, knowing he made Jungkook's heart race and his cheeks turn red.

"Now that you're done flirting with Jungkook," Taehyung turned and saw Namjoon leaning against his bedroom door frame with a smirk on his face, "what are you going to do about Tsai?"

"I'm going to see her tomorrow night and tell her," Taehyung answered. "I'll reassure her that it doesn't change the fact that I care about her and that I want the best for her."

Namjoon looked at Taehyung for a moment, before turning and going back into his bedroom. He sighed, knowing that Tsai was going to be in ruins after she hears the news (even though he knew she was prepared for this moment, it still hurts when you get attached to someone and realize that they're not the one for you). Tsai would be in a situation like Namjoon was, only she would be in less pain.

His chest started to ache and he placed his hand against it, trying to calm his suddenly uneven breathing. Maybe he was just stressed about Tsai, or maybe his body was giving him signs that his pain attacks were returning soon. 

Either way, Namjoon knew that he wasn't prepared for anything coming in the near future.