Chapter 11- Amortentia.

"Now class, we are going to be making a very complex potion today." 

Professor Slughorn begins, glancing at the cauldron beside him. I've been out of the hospital wing for a full 24 hours, and fortunately, I hadn't talked to Snape yet. James found the scar on my arm, and said we needed to talk about it later. Fortunately, that hasn't happened just yet either. "JAMES!" Professor Slughorn says quite loudly. I look to the seat next to me, and he's openly staring at me, almost drooling. Literally. I turn bright red as the whole class snickers."Aah yes Prof?" he says, sitting straight up. "As some of you might know this is Amortentia, The most powerful love potion in the world. You will smell 3 to 4 things your heart most desires, if brewed correctly. Mr. Black, if you could come up here and tell us what you smell, please." Sirius swaggers up to the potion from the desk beside us that he shared with Marlene. "Umm, Qudditch, Mrs. Potters pumpkin pie, and ... I don't really know what this one is but it's bloody delicious... Vanilla and roses?" he says confused. I gasped. Marlene's face goes red and mine goes white. Marlene was always baking, and always spelled vanilla on herself. And, she has rose shampoo she always used. I quickly relayed all this to James, whispering. His eyes widened. We looked at each other. " Miss McKinnion, if you please." Slughorn said, smiling. It's just now and that I notice a piece of paper on his desk that has pairs of names on it.

James and Lily
Sirius and Marlene
Alice and Frank
Mary and Remus

WHAT? THAT BLOODY ARSEHOLE SET US UP!? He slips of paper away as Marlene steps forward, her blonde hair swishing. "Flour, fire/smoke and... Leather and rain."she says, her blue eyes darting around nervously. I look at James. Sirius smells like leather and rain. We look at our two friends, Who are oblivious to what's happening. We go around the classroom, smelling the potion, until it gets too Severus.

" Lily's, mint, and the ocean." He says quietly, sitting back down. my mint shampoo. The ocean, my favorite place on earth. Lillys. My name. No. I'm the only one who seems have made this connection, and I'm glad. It's probably just a coincidence. It gets to James." mint. Definitely meant. Lavender, and pumpkin juice. Mint and lavender..." he says, looking at me. "My mint shampoo, and lavender perfume..." I whisper. My face is as red as my hair. Sirius and Marlene are grinning like Banshees. " Do you LURVVVEEE Evans, Jamsie?" Sirius says, mocking James. "Shut up Black. "James says, not breaking my eye contact. I take a deep breath, and smell the potion. "Petunias, spearmint, and butter beer." I say. "And wind." I didn't know wind had a smell. "James smells like wind and spearmint after Qudditch Practice." Sirius mock whispers. 

"I'm sorry to intrude but Mr. Snape if you could please stop staring at Miss Evans and drooling please." Slughorn says, clearing his throat. James glares at him, and grabs me and kisses me, in the middle of Potions class. It was quite nice, actually. "10 points to Gryffindor, for understanding of the topic. Dismissed." Slughorn says meekly. James and I look at each other and understanding crosses between us. We'll talk about ourselves and what we smelled later. Now it was time to deal with our friends. We leave and jump on our friends and scream the same thing at the same time.

" YOU SMELT EACH OTHER YOU IDIOTS!" we scream, soaking them with water and shoving them together. What a class Remus, Mary, and Alice missed. Remus and Mary were out on a trip visiting Remus's sick mother for the day. And Alice was in Divination.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Slughorn make two checks on his paper.