Chapter 31- Muggle Movies

Lily POV

"What's this?" We walk up the stairs to the girls dormitory, which is where I'm crashing tonight. We're gonna have a big girls night with movies and popcorn and choculate and gossip and all of that kind of stuff. It'll be so nice because I haven't had quality time with my girls in SUCH a while. I love James to death, but I need my girls! "What's what?" Alice asks, dropping all of out bags onto the floor at the bases of our beds. Her and Mary get to work, manually pushing all of them together into a square, with a table charmed to fit the exact middle space. This is where all the snacks go. And the projector, to project the movie onto the ceiling. Hey, our girls nights are hardcore. "You guys know you can use magic for that, right?" I wave my wand and the beds and table are magically arranged. "Lily, you and your Charms knowledge will save my life on day." Mary said, flopping onto her bed. She pulls herself up into a criss cross applesauce position and waves her wand so the bed hangings form a little curtain square around it. "Guys hang up your dresses so they don't crease." I call. "Bella? Everything okay?" She's wordlessly sitting on the floor after opening the package that fell off her bed when it was moved. She sunk to her knees when she opened it. I sit next to her, looking over her shoulder. I gasp. It's her dress, the one she tried on in the shop that was too expensive. 

There was a few pieces of jewelry, and a pair of heels. There was a note that read, 'a girl as pretty as you should be wearing a pretty dress, right?'. "Who would do this for you?" Mary asks, and I notice she and Alice have sat next to us. Her head shoots up. "You mean, you guys didn't do this?" She asks, looking at all of us. "I didn't." I say, and they both shake their heads. She pulls the dress out of the box and holds it up, pulling it to her chest. She falls back onto the bed and looks up. The same excitement fills up onto all our faces. "WE'RE GOING TO THE BALL!" We all shriek and start jumping up on the beds and laughing. We all put our dresses away. "I just have to go grab my stuff, actually, bring your ball stuff, I can keep it in my room and get ready in their together. We all put our stuff in bags. I make to step down the stairs and Bella holds out an arm. "Watch this." Her eyes sparkle. "BLACK!" She screams, and does a sweet two stone whistle. I hear footsteps and the stairs turn into a slide and she turns around to me. "After you." I flop down onto my butt and slide down the slide with my bag.

 As I'm sliding down, I see all the Marauders at the foot of the stairs. James helps me up and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek. Remus helps Mary up, and Peter helps Alice up. "Wait till you see this." James whispers in my ear, slipping an arm around my waist, sending chills down my spine. Bella throws her bag down the stairs which Sirius catch with ease, and tosses it to the couch. She slides down the stairs, and right before she comes to a full stop Sirius grabs her outheld hand and pulls her up so she flies up and over her shoulder, landing on her feet. My mouth drops. "And you've been doing this most days now?" Bella bursts out into fits of laughter, and high fives Sirius. "Does this mean you're not mad at me anymore?" He says hopefully. She thinks. "You're getting there. Anyways, you'd be surprised what pure blooded family make you learn according to traditions." She says, then stopping abruptly. One more fact to add to her last name mystery. "For me, it was gymnastics, french, and ballroom dancing." Sirius says sheepishly. My eyes widen. "Say something in French." Mary commands. He sighs.

"Je déteste vraiment parler le français, parce qu'il me fait sembler girly. Aussi, je préfère si pas beaucoup de gens savaient cela. Content?" Her jaw drops. "What'd you say?" she demands. "Secrets." He says smugly. I roll my eyes. "He said 'I really hate speaking french, because it makes me seem girly. Also, I'd prefer if not a lot of people knew this. Happy?'" Everyone's jaw drops. "You know French?" James asks. "Hey, I had a lot of time on my hands before Hogwarts." I shrug. "I learned it too." Mary piped up. "Well, at least a little bit. I'm not very good." "Hey, I'm sure you're wonderful, just like everything else you do." Remus said very boldly, as if he couldn't stand her talking negatively about herself. "Thanks Rem!" She throws her arms around him and everyone politely avoids their eyes to give the two some privacy. For gods sake, these two need to get together already. "Oh James, I'm spending the night with the girls, we're having a girls night." He pouts, and slowly inches his hand towards the bag in my hand. "At least let me see your dress...." I yank the bag out of his reach.