Chapter 30- Say Yes to the Dress

*This is the next morning, Lily POV, the girls trying to decide where to go to shop for dresses*

"Where should we go first?" Bella asked, stepping into the crisp cool fall air in Hogsmeade. "I've never been here before, so I'm trusting your judgement here. " "I thought about the robe shop because they have a section for dresses in the back, but I feel like everyone is going to be there." I said. Alice stopped in her tracks. "How did I not think of it? We'll go to Madameosielles!" She said, slapping herself. "It's this adorable boutique that two Ravenclaws opened after they graduated a couple years ago. I remember them, they're the sweetest. My gran told me about the shop a little while ago! " I look at the girls who all nod in approval. "No objections- Alice, or should I say Mrs. Longbottom, lead the way?" She turns around so fast that it appears she has a crick in her neck. "We're not engaged, give it a rest!" Mary and I are giggling, and Bella looks at her in confusion. Realization dawned on her face. 

"Is Longbottom Frank's last name? The guy who asked you to the Ball this morning?" She asked. Alice blushes and nods. "They've been in love since 2nd year, but too much of a coward to admit it." Mary stage whispers. At this we all start laughing as hard we can barely stand. "What made you fine ladies laugh so hard this fine morning?'' We turn around to see James with Sirius and Remus, who's nose isn't in a book. "Peter's with Berthaaaaa" Sirius sings, and we turn to see Peter by the 3 Broomsticks, tripping over his own two feet as he escorts Bertha Jorkins inside. Mary's eyes burrow in confusion. "I thought she graduated last year?" She said, turning to Remus. "She didn't pass any of her N.E.W.T.'s, so she had to stay this year." "Our Wormtail, he always went for the older women." Sirius says wistfully.

James interrupts, "Where are you guys going, anyways?" "Why does is interest you so much?" Bella asked in the same accusing tone. "Because you blew off your boyfriends for it." Sirius says. Everyone falls quiet. Bella turns to him slowly. "Boyfriend?" She says quietly. "You know you want me, love. Just thought I'd share with my friends." He says cockily, but his eyes give away that he's absolutely terrified. "When will I get it in your head, that I am not interested?" She starts, her voice slowly getting louder. 

"When will it pass into your greasy hair, that I do not like you? I am not a doll, not one another of your trophies that you throw against the wall to prove how many girls you've shagged. I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE GIRLS WHO WILL THROW THEMSELVES AT YOU, NAKED, BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY'LL BE THE ONE TO CHANGE YOU. I'M NOT ANOTHER WAY TO PROVE YOUR SLUTTY WAYS. I'M MY OWN PERSON, WHO WILL MAKE MY OWN DECISIONS, NOT MAKE SOME BOY DEFINE THEM ACCORDING TO HIS SEX SCHEDULE." She screams, backing him into the wall. She's fuming. Sirius is pale. As the final parting blow, she fixes him with a glare that includes one eyebrow raised so sharp it could kill a man. The whole street is staring at us, and Mary starts to clap, along with some of the nearby girls. Bella walks back over to us and exhales, tugging her leather jacket over her shoulders. "Let's go, yeah?" "You go, I'd like to have a word with my boyfriend for a minute." I say quietly. ''We'll wait on that bench." She says, smiling weakly, which I return. I turn back to Sirius, Remus and James, who has a frightened look on his face. "I swear, I won't make you do anything unless you 100% want too." He says, his eyes widening. I laugh. 

He visibly relaxes. "You're not going to yell at me?" He says, stepping towards me. "No." I say, kissing him lightly on the lips. "Um, maybe take him back to the castle, and comfort him to that blow? Because it was pretty bad." I whisper. He nods, and conveys the message to Remus. "Hey bud, how ya doing?" I say to Sirius, who's still staring at Bella's back. "Don't pretend I didn't deserve that. I've had it coming for years." He says, running his hand through his hair. "Well sure, it was great. You definitely deserved that. But that doesn't mean you're not hurt from having the girl you love scream at you." I say quietly. He looks up. "How do you know? I haven't even told James." "I'm a girl, Sirius. I can see things a bit differently. But for starters, maybe be a bit kinder to her, be polite, call her by her own name, and let her take her own time. It worked for James, right?" I say, pulling him up from his spot on the floor. He nods, still sad, and walks away with James and Remus. James looks over his shoulder and blows a kiss at me, which I return. I walk over to the the girls who are chattering but fall silent as I walk over. "Okay, can I just say, that was FANTASTIC! YOU PUT HIM IN HIS PLACE, GIRL!" I exclaim, and she laughs, pushing her hair back. "I've had lots of practice." "Can, I just say, you did what so many girls didn't have the guts to do." Mary gushes, and pats her on the shoulder. "You have proven you are worthy. Welcome to the sistern, Bella." She laughs, and gracefully accepts, but you can tell inside she's thrilled. "Enough about that, the shop is right up here."