❝ s i x ❞

full chapter

yoongi's morning

It was 10 am.
Yoongi was long up from his bed.

Normally, he would be lazing around, but today was an exception. He put his beanie on in this terribly cold weather and draped on a jacket, locking the door behind him.

Yoongi couldn't help himself.
He kept staring at that picture Hoseok sent. Was that really how he looked or did he just get a random picture off the net?

He was a little excited, really. Yoongi kept his phone away and rubbed his palms against each other, keeping himself warm on this freezing day.

He stepped on the concrete and possibly cold gravel path as he made his way to Fragrant Memories. He smiled to himself along the way, thinking of possible scenerios on how he would approach and talk to Hoseok. Excitement was building up when he stopped in front of the café, his eyes wandering to the counter inside.

Breathe.

The glass door pushed open and the bells jingled, indicating a customer. There were a few people in queue. Not too many. Yoongi stepped foot in as the door closed behind him, the café playing something a little upbeat in the background.

He stepped in queue.

He waited.

"Hello, welcome! What would you like to order?" A boy with tangerine orange hair, dimples on his cheeks and a wide welcoming smile looked up at Yoongi. The boy's smile faltered when he saw Yoongi but he smiled brightly again.

Yoongi's eyes wandered down to his nametag, Hoseok, it read. His eyes widened. This was it. This was who he came all the way for.

"One caramel macchiato, please." He stared as Hoseok spoke.
He stared at the way Hoseok's cheekbones rised up high, the way his dimples caved in, and especially the way his eyes glistened with hope and joy.
"Okay, do take a seat first!" The way his cheery voice brightened the café, how his positivity in his personality seem to bring up Yoongi's mood. He loved it already.

He took a seat near the counter and plopped himself comfortably, before leaning back and crossing a leg above the other.

A few minutes went by, and Hoseok was holding a caramel macchiato over to Yoongi's table. He glanced around quickly and realised there weren't many workers in the café but not many customers either. As Hoseok placed his drink down on the table with an "Enjoy!", he smiled yet hesitated a bit before leaving. Yoongi pretty much figured out why he was hesitant and took a gulp. Before Hoseok went off too far, he firmly decided to finally call out to him.

"Jung Hoseok."

Hoseok's head snapped back so fast, it seemed like it would break.

"Min... Min Yoongi?"

As Yoongi firmly nodded, Hoseok's smile widened so much that his eyes became nothing more but curved lines and wrinkled corners. Yoongi couldn't help it but grin seeing the sight of a lovely blooming smile. Hoseok was just like a sunflower.

-
Already, I fell and rolled over without rhyme or reason to Hoseok just like how Newton's apple did.
-

hoseok's morning

It was a bright and early 8 am.
Except that he had to rush to work.

Hoseok wrapped the scarf nicely around his neck as he walked on the streets, scrolling through the past night's direct messages with yoongx.

Maybe Hoseok was just being guillable but he smiled to himself and wished that maybe one day, Yoongi and him would meet each other and become good friends, and maybe a little more.

Best friends.

He skipped into the café and went into the back as he greeted his co-workers, his positive vibe brightening up the tired workers for the morning.

He took his scarf and bag off and hung it in his locker, taking the café's hazel cotton vest and pulling it over himself. He straightened out the vest nicely, patting the logo of the café neatly before taking his place at the counter for the morning, waiting to welcome guests at 9 am.

He wasn't expecting many people for the morning since everyone would be rushing to office work and wouldn't have time to sit down for a coffee, so most of it were couples or students that were on break for the month.

His small banters and conversations with his customers warmed up the atmosphere in the café, and some of the customers loved that most about this outlet. He's been working here a couple of months now and people who dropped by daily always appreciated his enthusiasm.

Work went on as usual but Hoseok never groaned once, motivating and encouraging his fellow workers to press on.

It was about 10:15 am.
Lesser customers stepped foot in and Hoseok could finally let his cheekbones rest for a few moments. He served the small amount of customers queuing with his polite yet friendly vibe, until the last customer of the queue.

"Hello, welcome! What would you like to order?" Hoseok repeats for the hundredth over time of the morning. He looked up with his signature dimple smile, but as soon as he saw the jet black haired male, his smile wavered. It was oddly familiar, the face features.

His jet black hair, his smooth and pale skin, his thin pink lips, and his dull yet deep eyes which seem to be in need of love. He couldn't take his eyes off. He felt his heart skip a beat, as if he's seen this face before. He shook that thought off quickly and resumed smiling.

As the male took his seat, he waited to collect the caramel macchiato, he couldn't help but sneak short glances at him. Was it who he thought it was? No. No way.

Hoseok brought the caramel macchiato gently over to the male, before smiling a little with an "Enjoy!". Hoseok opened his mouth just a little to speak, but snapped it shut with hesitation. He turned his back on the male and made his way to the counter.

"Jung Hoseok."

What? Did he hear that right?
Hoseok's head snapped right back with widened eyes. It was really who he thought it was.

"Min... Min Yoongi?"

He uttered in disbelief. Yoongi nodded with affirmity in return and his heart pounded. He couldn't help it, his cheekbones rose as if it was on their own and his eyes curled naturally, his dimples caving in deep.

Hoseok saw the grin on Yoongi's face widened, and that's where the ice melted. Someone who seemed so cold and dry, had such a sweet smile that reminded him of cotton candy. He longed to see it more.

-
Yoongi gave me the type of feelings people write novels about.
-

They both had met just a mere 3 days ago, but they were so glad to see each other.

Because they were the only ones each other had.

(a/n: finished this chapter at 3:30 am brrr)