❝ s e v e n ❞

full chapter

Hoseok pulled out a chair and sat across Yoongi. He fiddled with his fingers, unsure of what to say to spark up a conversation. His eyes wandered slowly, from the caramel macchiato to admiring Yoongi's pretty soft skin to his thin lips, and finally, to his dull eyes which seem desperate to reach out for love.
But his stoned face says otherwise.

Yoongi's eyes never averted from Hoseok's face. He was observing him intently, how he seemed a little tense over the silence, how he fiddled with his fingers, nervousness taking over him and how Yoongi had to resist pinching Hoseok's cute puffy cheeks. How his eyes wandered around.

His eyes.
Although he looked very much loved and welcomed on the outside, something deep in his eyes looked a little solemn, as if asking for someone to be with him. It didn't seem right to Yoongi, he looked so happy and loved.
"We couldn't be alike." That was Yoongi's mindset, his thoughts.

Yet Yoongi didn't want the silence to make things awkward when they've finally met. He leaned forward closer to Hoseok's face and rested his chin on his right palm, his fingers tapping lightly on his cheek as if a rhythm. "So..." He trailed a bit, his eyes looking back up at Hoseok. "How's work here?"

Hoseok blinked a few times, before shifting in his seat to get more comfortable, a small grin slowly growing on his face. "Tiring, but it got better now.." Hoseok brought his hand up to his face, facepalming as he cringed inwardly. He took a deep breath, "thanks to you."

Yoongi's eyes widened a little at the last bit Hoseok interrupted himself quickly,
"As in, uh, I'm just super happy to meet someone who was willing to talk to me late night."
He stuttered on his explanation. Yoongi's light smile eased the nervousness that built up in Hoseok, and as if a cue, both were in a carefree attitude talking about funny things and a little of their life with each other.

Honestly, anyone who looked over at their table would think they were best friends.

About 15 to 20 minutes into the enjoyable conversation full of laughter and smiles, Hoseok unfortunately had to return to work and Yoongi was just a little devastated. He had finally found nice company after shutting himself out due to the bully case back in school and he didn't want to let this go. He had no idea why he put so much faith into Hoseok, of all people he could meet, but after the conversation he felt a little more like meeting Hoseok whenever he can.
Except maybe Hoseok had other friends which he wanted to hang out with on his free days?...

He tucked his hands into his pocket and solemnly made his way to his studio, intending to stay till the evening before going home. On the way there, Yoongi unconsciously theorised and thought into Hoseok's past; what it was like, and if it was a happy one.

y o o n g i

If my life was a book, Hoseok was the beginning of new chapter.

(a/n: bless my soul i have not proofread this yet i am sorry)