❝ e l e v e n ❞

full chapter

It's been 2 days since their last conversation on Thursday.

Hoseok gripped his phone in his hand tightly, unsure if Yoongi really meant it. It was nearly twelve-thirty in the afternoon and he was still hesitating on whether or not to show up.

He knew Yoongi meant no harm but he was still a little worried, it was new exposure, basically. The feeling of going out with friends, he barely got that and he wasn't so sure of it.

He thought for a good long fifteen minutes before taking a deep breath and getting up from his bed.
He didn't want to disappoint Yoongi.

If anything, he'd rather Yoongi disappoint him than vice versa.

He opened his wide wardrobe and searched through it. Never had he really gotten the chance to wear the clothes he had, since most of the time he worked and on his breaks he was either just home, travelling to get groceries or visiting his parents in another province.

He wanted to dress well for Yoongi, so he rummaged carefully through his mostly untouched wardrobe. He took down a white shirt with designs and pulled it down over his head, taking a peek in the mirror. Without much hesitation, he took a black pair of skinny jeans and tugged them on, before removing a grey patterned bomber from the hanger and slipping it on.

He looked at himself in the mirror, adjusting little bits here and there before rolling his shoulders and biting his lip lightly. Something about the messy light-colored patterns combination bothered him, but he shrugged it off eventually.

He grabbed his phone and wallet and dropped them into his pocket swiftly, before grabbing his keys on the way out. It was about one-fifteen in the afternoon but he was already brisk walking his way to the café, worried that he would leave a bad first-- or second impression of himself on Yoongi for being late.

He arrived at the café at one-forty five, surprised to come face to face with the jet black haired male, who was wearing blue ripped jeans and a dark blue bomber with white stripes, his hands tucked in his pocket as he leaned on the wall, his eyes closed as his head hung downwards.

Yoongi looked so calm and tranquil, and the fact he could stand so still while asleep fascinated Hoseok. He bent his knees to glance at Yoongi's sleeping face from below, waving his palm a few times across his face to check if he was actually asleep.

Exactly what time was he here since?

Hoseok took the time to study Yoongi's facial features, all of them except for the most genuine part of him, his eyes. He pouted lightly, knowing that Yoongi had pretty eyes which he couldn't see without him knowing, and started to drift off into his thoughts whilst (creepily) staring at his face.

Yoongi's eyes fluttered open as soon as Hoseok was lost in his thoughts, raising an eyebrow at Hoseok who was still oblivious. He shifted his head a little, and Hoseok let out a startled yelp, noticing he's been caught doing exactly what seems creepiest in the universe (yooniverse), watching someone sleep.

He stood back up straight, flustered while trying to explain himself, his ears slowly turning red in the process. Yoongi let a small laugh escape from his lips, pulling the white beanie off his head and ruffling his own hair.

"Still as nervous as before?"

"Y-Yeah. First outing with a friend..." 

Hoseok trailed off the short explanation as Yoongi nodded his head understandably, feeling the same way. As both of them walked down the streets together, Yoongi took out a pair of tickets to a movie and let out an exaggerated cough, averting Hoseok's attention from the doves waddling along the road.