❝ e i g h t e e n ❞

full chapter

14 December, 11:59 pm

Yoongi stared down as he fiddled with his watch, tension slowly building up in the atmosphere as he thought about what could've been so important that they had to meet. The possibilities worried him.

The second hand ticked on, as he awaited for his good friend to arrive.

12 am.

His head shot up, expecting a male figure in front of him. Instead, he felt pressure on his chest and lack of personal space, and it took him moments to realise the inside of the empty café lit up with the prettiest decorations he had seen just yet.

He felt the arms tighten around his back, his eyes wandering from the pastel pink balloons on the café table and a cake that rested nicely on the counter. He could see simple yet sincere effort in the decorations from the outside, and he longed to go in.

His gaze fell slowly onto the tangerine haired boy, who buried his face into the crook of Yoongi's neck, the faint moonlight softly highlighting the visible sides of his face which made him glow.

He wrapped his arms slowly around the silent boy who shivered at the sudden contact around his waist, and as Yoongi's eyelids slowly shut, none of then moved.

Hoseok had his arms firmly around Yoongi, his head resting in the crook of his neck. He wanted to hold Yoongi for as long as he could.

He wanted to enjoy this feeling of being in the arms of the boy he crushed deeply on after their every day texts and often meetups.

He felt safe in his arms, he felt loved.

A minute passed, but they were still this way, safely in each other's embrace in the eardeafening silence. The silence was far from awkward.

Yoongi's heart almost leapt out when he found out what latched onto him. He knew his face was flushing red but gazing down, Hoseok wasn't looking.

He had no reason to pull away, being shy wasn't one of it. He let things flow as it was, loving the feeling of the two warm bodies in contact in the cold weather.

He wanted to keep, the boy who brought sunshine into his life, Hoseok safe under his care.

Hoseok slowly brought his face away from resting in his neck, his hand moving down to Yoongi's wrist beforr grabbing it.

"Did I scare you by doing this?"

"A little."

"I still haven't said my piece though."

Hoseok tugged Yoongi along as he pushed open the back door entrance of the café, urging Yoongi in as he followed behind.

He stared intently at Yoongi's eyes reflecting the bright chandelier lights as he took small steps. Yoongi bit his lip in awe, observing the floral petals laid out in hearts on the tables, as he slowly made his way to the front door, his eyes falling on a table with a white tablecloth laced by the ends placed over, both chairs pulled out on each side.

Yoongi glanced over at one of the chairs, which sat a huge black Kumamon before running up to it and pulling the poor bear into a hug.

Hoseok chucked lightly at the side,

"Did you just forget about me for a bear?"

Unfortunately, he didn't get a respond as Yoongi whipped his phone out, vigorously pulling the bear into a selca and a small dance.

Hoseok pouted childishly as he crossed his arms, waiting for the bear to leave for him to talk to Yoongi.

When he was finally done and the bear regretfully went into the locker rooms, Hoseok sat across Yoongi, the cake barely blocking them from staring intently into each other's eyes.

Yoongi cleared his throat sarcastically before finally posting his curious question out to Hoseok.

"Uhm... so, what did you call me out for?"

"Hmm.. any guesses?"

"Your birthday."

"It is 2 months from now fam."

"So.. what is it then?"

(a/n: just a quickkie)