14

"Maya, wake up."

Maya groaned and turned the opposite way from Tony who was tying to wake her up. Tony rolled his eyes and said again, "Maya, wake up." "Just. Five. More....Hours," Maya grumbled.

Tony sighed and shook his head slightly. "I wish it didn't have to come to this," Tony muttered. Maya raised an eyebrow, but kept her eyes shut. "J.A.R.V.I.S., open the blinds and blast some AC/DC," Tony said.

"As you wish, sir," J.A.R.V.I.S. said. Suddenly light was pouring in from the giant window and loud music rang throughout the room. Maya jumped up, but then fell out of bed. Tony chuckled and said, "Okay, J.A.R.V.I.S. That's enough."

The music stopped and Tony walked around the bed to see Maya sprawled out on the floor. Maya moved her hair out of her face and glared at Tony. "What was that for?" Maya asked angrily as she got up and climbed back into bed.

"I needed you to get up. While Pepper is at work today, I thought that we could finally get to know each other and spend the day together," Tony said with a smile. Maya instantly sprang out of bed again with a giant grin on her face. "Why didn't you just say that in the first place?" Maya asked as she pushed past Tony and went straight towards her closet.

"Sorry," Tony chuckled. "I'll be waiting downstairs whenever you are done." "Okay!" Maya exclaimed as she grabbed her clothes and ran into her bathroom. She quickly changed into some jeans, a white shirt, her leather jacket, and some white converse before brushing her teeth and hair.

When she was done getting ready, Maya looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. "This is your chance Maya. You finally get to hang out with Tony all day. This is your chance to finally get to know the real Tony," Maya whispered.

Maya then walked downstairs and saw Tony sitting on the couch. As soon as he saw Maya he smiled and got up off the couch. "So where do you want to go first?" Tony asked as he wrapped an arm around Maya.

"Can we get something to eat first? I'm starving," Maya told him. "Sure thing," Tony said. The two went down to the basement and got into one of his many cars before Tony then proceeded to drive them to McDonald's.

"McDonald's?" Maya questioned. "What? They have good fries," Tony told her. Maya shook her head, but she still had a smile on her face. Once they arrived, they walked inside and Maya sat at the same table that they had sat at that day that Maya had ran away.

Tony came over to the table after a couple of minutes with a bag that had fries and burgers inside. He then handed Maya a Sprite who muttered a thanks. Tony took a sip of his Coke before looking up at Maya. Maya's fingers thumped nervously against the table. "So what do you want to talk about?" Maya asked.

"Well, I realized that I never really asked you about what your life was like before you showed up at my doorstep," Tony told her as he leaned back in his chair. Maya grabbed a box of fries and ate them as she tried to think of what to say.

"Well, I was born April 7, 2001, in Queens. My mother was Sarah Wilson. Long story short, she died when I was six. Her last words to me were to find you and I went looking for you. You know, it took me 2 years to find you. Why did you have to live like across the county?" Maya asked with a fake laugh. Just the mention of her mother made her whole body tense up and Tony could hear the change in Maya's tone.

"What happened?" Tony asked. Maya looked up at him confused. "To your mother?" Tony added. Maya gulped and looked down at her now empty box of fries. "I-I came home from school one day excited to tell my mom about how high school was almost over for me," Maya started. The whole event played out in her mind, so she looked up at Tony and started stalling her story, "You know, I graduated high school last year actually. Top of my class just so you know."