3

"So let me get this straight. You have to go to court and you think it's good idea to bring me along with you?" Maya asked. Tony glanced over at the girl before turning his attention back to the road as he tried to find a parking spot outside where he was supposed to be right now.

"Of course it's a good idea. I mean, we both go down together, right?" Tony asked making Maya playfully glare at him. "You just think having a kid in there will soften the blow, don't you?" Maya asked. Tony went to respond, but paused.

He then sighed and let out a chuckle, "How do you do that?" "I don't need an explanation. Did I forget to tell you how amazing I am?" Maya asked. Tony chuckled again as he briefly remembered the time when he had first met Maya and she had said that same thing to him.

"You tell me all the time, kid," Tony said as he parked the car and turned it off. Maya smirked in response and the two got out. They walked up onto the sidewalk and stared at the big building in front of them.

"Ready?" Maya asked. Tony glanced down at the girl and she held out her hand for him to take. He took her small hand into his and smiled at her.

"Ready."

- - -

"Mr. Stark, could we pick up now where we left off?" the senator asked as he tried to get Tony's attention. Tony had his back turned towards the court as he looked back at Maya and Pepper and gave Maya a bored look. Maya giggled slightly while Pepper gave him a stern look and motioned for him to turn around.

"Mr. Stark. Please," the senator said. Tony finally gave a quick sigh before turning around with a smile on his face and said, "Yes, dear?" "Can I have your attention?" Senator Stern asked.

"Absolutely," Tony told him. "Do you or do you not possess a specialized weapon?" Senator Stern asked. "I do not," Tony replied immediately. "You do not?" The senator asked in confusion.

"I do not," Tony repeated. "Well, it depends on how you define the word weapon." "The Iron Man weapon," the senator clarified. Tony shook his head slightly, "My device does not fit that description."

"Well. . .how would you describe it?" Senator Stern asked. "I would describe it by defining it by what it is, Senator," Tony replied. "As?" the senator questioned.

"It's a high-tech prosthesis. That is. . .that is. . .That's actually the most apt description I can make of it," Tony said. "It's a weapon. It's a weapon, Mr. Stark," Senator Stern told him.

"Please, if your priority was actually the well-being of the American citizen..." Tony started, but he was quickly cut off by the senator. "My priority is to get the Iron Man weapon turned over to the people of the United States of America," Senator Stern explained.

"Well, you can forget it. I am Iron Man. The suit and I are one. To turn over the Iron Man suit would be to turn over myself which is tantamount to indentured servitude or prostitution, depending or what state you're in. You can't have it," Tony concluded.

"Look, I'm no expert. . ." Senator Stern started. "In prostitution?" Tony questioned making people laugh. "Of course not. You're a senator. Come on."

Tony joined the laughter and turned around to see Pepper shaking her head at him while Maya asked, "What's prostitution?" Tony's eyes widened slightly at his daughter and he whispered to Pepper, "No?"