8

i was the first to wake up at my normal time of 6:30 am. i turned my head and saw Josh still holding onto me and our body heat radiating off each other. his lips were parted slightly, allowing small and quiet snores to escape. i nudged him but he didn't do anything. if it was a weekend, i would never want to wake him because i'd just want to lay here like this for the rest of the day.

but sadly, we have school.

i nudged him again and added a small "Josh". he stirred some more in his sleep but didn't dare wake up.

"Josh, we have school," i spoke a little louder. he finally fluttered his eyes open and let go of me to rub them. he grumbled as he sat up.

"i'm not a morning person," he grumbled.

"i can tell," he glared at me, which made me give him a cheeky grin in return. "do you want to go to school together?"

he perked up when he heard this but quickly slumped back down, "i don't know,"

"pleeaaseee?" i begged and he just laughed as i smiled.

"fine, i'll go to school with you,"

i pumped a fist in the air as i got out of bed and went over to my closet to grab a white shirt and black pants and threw them at Josh.

"what about underwear?" he asked with a smile.

"sorry dude, can't lend you one of those," i spoke with my back still facing him and a smirk growing on my face, "but you can use my shower."

i pointed over to a door on the other side of my room that lead to my bathroom. i grabbed a white shirt and black pants as well, also grabbing a yellow sweatshirt. i ate a granola bar in my room while Josh was in the shower. when he was done, i went into the bathroom to take a shower as he was getting dressed.

"usually we're both getting undressed, not one is and one isn't," Josh spoke with a fake sad face as i pulled off my sweatpants and he pulled on his shirt. i shrugged before i stepped into the shower.

///

i was grabbing my things when i saw a gray snapback laying on the floor. i snatched it and threw it at Josh. he smiled when he put it on.

"you look good in snapbacks," i spoke as i stared and he just laughed in reply. he stood up and i could see the waistband of my underwear poking out from my jeans he was wearing.

wow.

"well i'm gonna head downstairs to see if it's clear to go."

i opened my door and glanced down the stairs but saw and heard nothing. i took a few steps down quietly until i was completely at the bottom of the stairs. i peered around the corner both ways twice and didn't see anything, so i took a step forward.

"Tyler, get to school," my mom's voice spoke flatly from the kitchen that made me jump. i looked over at her and could smell the smoke coming from her cigarette.

"i know, i was just-checking before i left," i spoke quickly.

"i didn't ask for a reason, i said get to school before your father gets home,"

"yes ma'am." i replied shakily before sprinting back up the stairs. i couldn't even look at my own mom and that makes me sick to my stomach. the only thing i can remember is her blue eyes and how they matched Mads' and Zack's eyes and how they looked right into mine when i look up at her to talk. i ran into my room and closed my door quickly and spun around to face a confused Josh.

"uh?" he asked with eyebrows furrowed together.

i rubbed the back of my neck, "we better go now, but we can't go downstairs,"

"why not? what happened?"

i swiped my hand before heading over to the window and opening it and looking down at the steps.

"how do you do this every night?" i asked as i looked down at the lawn far below. he chuckled as he came closer to me, "i have no clue."

he pushed past me and went down first as i followed and grabbed my things, closing the window tightly behind me. i jumped down next to Josh and got in the driver's seat of my car. i glanced at the living room window to see my mom watching me with a glare. i gulped and locked eyes with her. we held the gaze, hers was of course a glare since she noticed-

"Joseph?" Josh asked and i looked away from my mom to him. he gestured to the time that read 8:16. we're already late. now everyone is going to know for sure we slept together.

"sorry, i forgot about the time," i rushed as i put the car in drive and pulled away from the curb. i glanced back at the big bay window once more, only to notice my mom was gone, before driving off.