12

i stayed at Josh's for the rest of the day because i was still too afraid to go back home, but i need to sometime to get my stuff for school. or i could just not go...

stop it Tyler. you're going to school, no matter how much you hate it because it will all be over in the summer. you can go live in an apartment, be your own person, maybe be that rockstar you've always wanted be, but what rockstar plays the ukulele? oh, i could have Josh alongside-

why.

what?

Josh this, Josh that. please.

what's are you talking about, and what are you doing here?

i'm here to tell you to go back home. risk your life.

no! i'm not doing that.

yes do it, because if you don't, you know what i can do.

i heard a small buzzing in my ears but i stopped it before it could hit the right frequency. i don't need my brain guts flying everywhere today. i sat up from laying down next to Josh on his bed and turned to look at him. he still traced lines down my back as i talked but it gave me a chill that ran through my body every once in a while.

"Josh, i need to go back home," i stated as i met his eyes.

"what for?" he asked as he looked at my back and started to trace swirls instead.

"i need my stuff for school, plus i need clothes,"

"you can borrow my stuff for a while,"

"but i still need my school stuff,"

he sighed, "we can go get it in a few okay?"

"thank you."

i sat there, still enjoying the swirls on my back, and thinking of a plan on what to do to get inside without being noticed. i was brought out of my thoughts when Josh grabbed my arm and pulled me down next to him to where i was before. he kissed me quickly on the lips before i nuzzled into his chest as he rested his chin on my head.

///

i walked through the front door, expecting an even bigger mess than before, but everything was the same as when i left, which was only less than a day ago. walking around the glass quietly, i went up to my room and grabbed a duffle bag from under my bed and started stuffing all my clothes into it, which wasn't much. i grabbed my other pair of vans and put those in there too, grabbed my stuff from the bathroom, and headed back into my room to get my school bag.

i zipped it up and as soon as i did, i heard a click. my head snapped up when i realized what was happening as i felt a gun touch the back of my head. i put my hands up hesitantly.

"stand up," my father said angrily, "slowly."

i did what he said and when i was fully on my feet, i turned around. i didn't move an inch after that.

"where have you been?" he asked.

"out."

"Tyler! i'm tired of your smart comments!"

"i was with Josh,"

he still held the gun out but his grip got tighter, "who is this Josh anyways? is he more important than your family?"

i almost said yes because it was true, but i'm not going to when my father is aiming a loaded gun at me, so i clamped my mouth shut and shook my head. i looked behind my dad and saw Josh creeping up slowly with an aluminum bat in his hands.