22

3 days later and it's now Wednesday. Josh came to pick me up, but he didn't visit me since that day i told him to leave. not once did he come into the building, call or text me, or say hi. my other friends came through though. they all came in one big group. but now it was just me and Josh.

i got in his car without saying a word. i feel out of place, like i've never met him before. he didn't speak, "what's going on?"

he gave me a sideways glance but didn't reply. instead, he stopped at a stop sign and put on his blinker to turn. more silence as minuets passed.

"did i do something wrong?" i asked quietly. he was already parked in his driveway by now and was getting out, leaving me inside. i got up quickly, ignoring the giant pain in my side, and closed the door behind me before Josh could reach his front porch, "Josh!"

he didn't stop, instead he ran inside. i made it inside and sprinted up the stairs. i tried to open his door but he locked it. "Josh open the door, please." i knocked on his door frantically but he didn't move around or say anything.

i felt tears start to sting at the corners of my eyes. i stopped knocking and stopped moving. i backed away from the door. still nothing.

"I'm sorry Tyler," a voice spoke from downstairs that made me jump. i didn't even realize that his brother, Jordan, was standing there, still wearing his coat and hat full of snowflakes from outside like i am now. i didn't even hear him come in.

"do you know what's going on with Josh?" i asked as i turned to him. he shook his head, "i wish i did. i'll try and talk to him later if you can't, sound like a plan?"

i nodded slowly, "thank you." he nodded also before he waved and walked away to the direction of his room. wiping my tears away, new ones formed and i found myself sliding to the floor. i rested my head against the door and punched it with no force before giving up.

"i'm sorry," i said with enough loudness i could muster, but it wasn't enough. he didn't open the door.

i fell asleep outside his door that night with an empty plate that originally had a sandwich on it from Ashley laying next to my head. i didn't move, maybe except for going to the bathroom once, and i didn't plan on it. my neck hurt. and i wasn't cold anymore. the floor wasn't hard either, even with the carpet. i opened my eyes and found myself still wearing my skinny jeans but no shirt. i also found myself not laying on the hallway floor, but in Josh's bed.

my eyes went wide. i was about to sit up when i realized Josh's arm was thrown over my torso and pulling me close. i turned slightly to look over my shoulder, and saw probably the most cutest thing: his face was snuggled into my back between my shoulder blades and was snoring quietly. i wanted to say "awe" aloud, but i didn't need to wake him up, so i turned back around.

he moved slightly so i quickly pretended to be asleep, "you're terrible at trying to fake sleep," Josh's groggy voice immediately spoke up. i laughed nervously and he let go of me. i rolled over so i was facing him and he already had his head propped up on his elbow.

"hey," i said awkwardly and he smiled, "hey."

"i'm sorry," i sighed, "about everything."

"i'm sorry i treated you like shit."

"i knew you were just trying to help but i didn't know what i wanted. you know those times when you want attention but you don't want attention at the same time? that's..sorta how i felt, and i'm sorry i treated you the way i did. i really feel bad."

"i knew you didn't want help but i still tried and i'm sorry that bothered you. i should've gave you your space. and i'm really sorry about Brendon, let's just hope the police have done something with him, and his friends, already."

i smiled. finally i don't feel like i have giant weights on my shoulders or how guilty i felt before, "i'm sorry i told you to leave when i really needed you,"

"i'm sorry i snapped at you and locked you out of my room when i really needed you."

"can we just call a truce and get over with it?"

he laughed loudly before nodding, "truce?"

"truce. thanks for taking me in here last night,"

"thank you for being strong and yourself. i love you no matter what might come out of my mouth."

i felt my cheeks warm up as i smiled and buried my face deep into the pillow, "you're so adorable,"

"shut up."