[Present]

He paused the recording, unable to hear the rest, and being too astonished with his old self that did nothing, but simply watch as a broken girl ran away in defeat.

"Was I that much of a jerk back then?" Yoongi questioned himself, finally arriving at his department after a long walk. Without much effort he opened the door, being welcomed by the familiar smell of loneliness, and dust that he cared none to clean away from the furniture.

Easily throwing his house keys on the kitchen counter, he made his way to his room to change from his outfit he had put so much thought and effort into.

As he took it off, he stared at it profoundly. Standing frozen at the end of his bed, he looked down upon the clothing that had been specifically set aside for this special night that played out as a magical scene in his head.

Maybe it was the material his clothes were made of, or maybe his mind that kept on making excuses, so he wouldn't blame it on the girl he loved for the night not working out.

Not wanting to accept the scene he had watched of her prancing and having a good time with Jimin, smiling as wide and as happy as she could be. I guess you could say his mind was trying to rewire his own memories.

The thought of her not loving him was too grand of a weapon that he could not allow to penetrate his truly fragile heart.

Then the thought of the unknown girl came back to him. How she had ran out of the cafeteria room with tears flowing down her face. He somehow understood how she had felt back then.

Their mocking laughs that boomed as if they were speakers that were being blasted in the highest volume, except the mocking laughs had turned into images of two people smiling at each other as if showing off their love for one another.

Rubbing it in his face, as if he would never be able to reach that level of happiness with anybody, unless it were specifically with her, and that mere thought did enough to leave him terrified to his core.

"How did she have the strength to move on from that back then?" he asked, wanting to know what had given the unknown girl enough might to forget such mortifying memory.

Several minutes of being drifted away in his own thoughts passed, until he forced himself to go to the bathroom to do his nightly routine of washing his face and brushing his teeth. After that, he went back to his bed.

Laying down, he blankly gazed at the ceiling. Reaching out his hand he watched as his fingers reached out to touch the unknown. Wanting to feel something unfamiliar to him, a sensation which he could become accustomed to and call his own.

Like his own emotions that were becoming foreign, he wandered if his love for her would ever reach her heart. "Will she even care if I move on from this one-sided love?" he whispered softly, letting a single tear escape from his left eye.

Quickly he wiped it away, not wanting it to indicate that his feelings for her had finally come to an end, and he once again reached out to the mp3, which he hoped would get his mind off of her.

Plugging in the headphones he pressed the play button, fluttering his eyes closed he gave into the girl's soft voice, and got lost in the world that was her's.

[Past]

(Y/n)'s POV:

I ran to the back of the school, in a place no one knew except for me, and I began to let soft cries out as I replayed the scene in my head.

From when Yoongi called me some girl, to where he stood there staring at me with a blank expression, while his friends laughed at me with no remorse.