RUN

Jungkook was excited for his fifteenth birthday, especially since it was only a week away.

He never really got presents on his birthday, but he didn't mind. Unlike most of the kids in his school, presents didn't even matter to him. What mattered was the fact that he, the youngest in his household, got older.

The thought made him feel more mature the closer he was to his birthday. They won't look down on me as though I'm just a kid once I'm fifteen, he thought happily. Then I can do things on my own too, without mother and father worrying over me.

Those thoughts kept him happy as he went through the usual daily task for people of his age, school.

He entered school a year later than most of the students, but it didn't bother him the least bit. Everyone jokingly called him "old man" here and there, but really he enjoyed being older. He was sick of being youngest.

"Jungkook Jeon, what are you drawing this time?"

Jungkook stopped moving his pen on his notebook.

"I will ask you again. What are you drawing, Mr. Jeon?"

The boy bit his bottom lips, avoiding any eye contact and looked down on the doodles he had made.

He did it again, he ignored the whole class and draw on his notebook instead.

Way to go, Jungkook.

Fortunately, the teacher didn't wait for an answer. "This is the twentieth time you draw in my class. Your drawing may be nice and all, but this isn't art class." Mrs. Lee practically spit out the word "art". "Why did you even bother to attend any of my classes anyway? All you do is sit and make useless drawing on that notebook of yours. You could've filled that with, oh, I don't know, more useful things like algebra and trigonometry." Jungkook could feel his teacher glaring down at him.

"Get out of my class. Detention won't do you any good. Until you fix that bad habit of yours, I forbid you from ever stepping into this classroom." Mrs. Lee's heels clicked against the floor harshly, making her anger even more obvious. Jungkook had no choice but to pack his pen and books into his red backpack.

Once he was done, he silently slung his backpack onto his shoulders, and stood up slowly.

"Go on. The door is that way." Mrs. Lee raised her chin as Jungkook passed by her, making his way to the door on the right side of the classroom.

The whole class just watched him go in silence, as none dared to raise a voice when this particular teacher was on her limit. The last time someone did, they got detention for a whole week of school, plus extra homework than the other students. Nobody wanted that punishment, so they all just watched Jungkook go.

Exactly after he shut the door, he could hear Mrs. Lee continuing her class. "Alright, now swap your last assignments with the person beside you. We will correct it together this time." He heard her said.

Jungkook sighed as he walked over to the school greenhouse. While he wasn't that fond of flowers and plants in general, the greenhouse was rarely visited by anyone. Which was perfect, because he didn't need anyone finding out how he got kicked out of a Math class.

The gate was locked, as usual. But he already had his own way of getting in to his little paradise. He took off his backpack and slowly lowered it through the top of the gate, which fortunately wasn't too high for him to reach. Once the backpack was on the ground, he walked towards a single particular bar. Then, he pulled out a good lengthy piece of that bar, which was almost one meter long, long enough for him to slip into the greenhouse.