GONE

So apparently, he missed his house by a few blocks. So he turned back sheepishly, hoping no one would notice his mistake.

He couldn't believe he was out for so long. It was the middle of the day when he climbed into the greenhouse, and now it's night time, with people bustling in the night of Busan City. And why was he out of the greenhouse like what the nurse had said? He couldn't possibly sleepwalk all the way over there. Was she lying, then? And the demigod part, what did she mean by that?

So many questions...

He followed the path he usually took when he was going home after school. Ignoring the stares from the people around him, he made his way in quick steps, following the beat of the song playing on his MP3 Player, occasionally did a little dance when no one was watching.

He forgot that he was supposed to be bleeding.

"Oi, boy! What's wrong with your sleeves? It's all bloodied!" A middle aged man shouted from afar. It was loud enough for the boy to hear through his earphones.

"Huh?" Jungkook stopped walking and looked at his sleeves. Indeed, it had blood and a few rips here and there. A nice proof for the pervert monster earlier. He felt a chill through his spine at the thought of what happened in the infirmary.

Although there was blood on his sleeves, his upper arms were fine.

H-how?

Nothing, not even a single trace of ripped skin. While there was a bit of dried blood on his arms, that was it. No trace of any wound whatsoever.

He just shook his head. It doesn't matter, I need to get home first. He kept walking briskly, nodding to the man who told him of his wound.

Finally, after quite the long walk home, he was standing in front his simple house. The lights were casting a warm glow at the front yard, where his mother had planted a few potted plants as her hobby. She would usually force him out of the house to help her tend the garden, saying thing like "You may be anti-social, but that's no excuse to go out and help your mother."

He walked towards the gate and was about to unlock it, when the gate swung open on its own.

Jungkook raised his eyebrows. Strange, they usually lock it at the time like this. He clutched onto the keys he kept in his pocket. All of his family carried one set each in case of emergency. But at the moment, the fact that the gate was unlocked was definitely more than alarming.

The boy entered anyway, but left the gate open in case he had to run. He hate the possibilities, but the monster from earlier might have found his house and was waiting for him inside.

Or it could just be a burglar, he thought hopefully.

He took off his shoes at the front porch and put it on the shoe rack, then he shut the door behind him and sneaked into his room, which was fortunately not that far from the main door.

He took off his earphones and quickly changed into a plain white t-shirt with a pair of dark shorts, then he brushed his hair down with the help of some hair gel, and pretty much try to look as normal as possible. He didn't want his parents to get suspicious. And even if there was a monster or a burglar, he still didn't want to look any crazier in front of them.

After that, he took a baseball bat in the corner of his room with him for precautions, and he carefully walked out to the first nearest room, his brother's.

He knocked on the door as to not disturb Jeon Jung-Hyun, who spent most of his time in his room, making illustrations for people and sometimes for himself. Jungkook once made a mistake of entering without knocking, and his brother was so mad he was given a silent treatment for three days straight.