A MEETING

It's been almost a month after he ran away from home, and he had never felt so miserable in his whole life.

By now he was already fourteen, but why did it matter? He wished he could go back to the time before he saw them, all bloodied on the floor...

No, move on, Jungkook. Depression won't fix anything.

He had a water bottle and two energy bar, luckily enough, even though he stole it from the convenient store. But his MP3 Player already died, he didn't have any bath at all, he could only sleep for so long without any disturbance like random monstruos people trying to attack him, and now he sat alone on a park bench, swinging his legs sadly, a baseball bat in hand.

He glances at the people around him, doing things like jogging, having a picnic, playing with their dogs, all were done with smiles on their faces.

Oblivious to pain and suffering...

Jungkook sighed out loud and threw his head back on the bench. He shut his eyes and tried to rest after a restless night under the bridge. The sun was shining quite warmly, but the breezy air made it up, making in a comfortable afternoon for him to nap.

A distant bang shocked him awake though.

People scattered all over the park, but one thing for certain was that they were running away in the same direction. The boy looked around to see what caused the havoc, and what he saw was unbelievable.

A huge...no, gigantic man taller than a traffic light with one eye, wearing only a loin cloth, was slamming trees and lights with a huge spiked club as tall as Jungkook. At first he thought the man was attacking things blindly. But then he saw a single figure running swiftly around the giant, seemingly throwing neon green stickers on the man's hairy legs. The one eyed giant tried to hit the small figure, which turned out to be a guy around fifteen, with blonde messy hair, but the guy ran away.

The giant chased after the guy, but since he was big, it was like watching in slow motion.

Maybe this is what we look like to ants, the boy suddenly thought.

The guy looked clearer and clearer the farther he ran from the one eyed man, and when his eyes met with Jungkook, he kept gesturing as though he was swimming, but with one hand. Jungkook could only stare and him and pointed at himself.

"Me?" Jungkook looked at the guy, confused. He started to shout out something, but the sound of the one eyed giant running drowned it. Once the guy was a few feet away from Jungkook, the boy could hear him.

"Get out of the way!" The guy shouted desperately.

Oh, Jungkook thought. So that's what he was saying.

Jungkook realized that as the guy was getting closer to him, so was the one eyed giant. His eyes widen in realization of how stupid he was, and he quickly grabbed his backpack to run.

He ran away from whatever direction the guy was taking, trying to avoid the one eyed giant, hoping that the club won't be directed at him.

Apparently the giant decided that Jungkook was worthy of a chase, so it left the blonde guy and started to run after the boy.

Jungkook ran even faster. "Oh, come on!" He had his trusty bat with him, sure. But he doubted it would do any major damage to the giant. His only option was to run, unfortunately.

The blonde guy seemed to notice the giant's sudden interest in Jungkook, because the boy could see the guy running to him.

"Hey, big guy! Wasn't I your menu for lunch?" The guy shouted. He was somewhere behind Jungkook and the giant, if Jungkook's hearing was accurate.

Jungkook blurted out a question. "Lunch?!"

"Who would've knew I can have two demigods at the same day! I'm truly lucky!" The one eyed giant laughed, still chasing Jungkook with a sickening glee.

Jungkook knew screaming wouldn't do any good, so he just kept running.

But then he had a crazy idea.

Maybe that guy knows how to get rid of this giant, he thought, slowly planning a stupid strategy. If I can lure the giant back to him, maybe he can do something.

It might literally kill him, but at the moment it sounded like the best idea ever.

He dared himself to stop and turn around, facing the giant that was nearing.

The giant stopped running, confused by Jungkook's action.

"You alright buddy?" The guy seemed to say as he raised an arm and spun his index finger toward the side of his head. He had stopped too, right behind the giant, but then he had a long sword with him. Jungkook was pretty sure he wasn't holding any weapon earlier. But he had a bigger problem to deal with, so he ignored that minor confusion and looked up to the giant.

"Giving up already? That's even easier than I thought!" The giant held his stomach as his laugh boomed. Jungkook held up his bat high, and sprinted as fast as he could through the giant's legs.

He shut his eyes as he ran. At first there was nothing, but then he felt a huge shadow over him, and soon he felt his bat hitting something. The impact was big enough that the bat fell, and so he ran off without it, still with eyes tightly shut.

He heard a loud "Ow!" and the ground shook, following the exclamation of shocked pain. Feeling weak, he fell onto the ground and laid on the grass, breathing heavily as he looked at the blurring scenery in front of him.

The sound of a huge fight was coming from behind him. Usually he would run from it, but he was too exhausted to care and stayed where he is. He assumed that the guy was attacking the giant with his sword.

After what felt like half a day, a loud poof was heard, and he felt some sort of dust falling on him. Then the guy from earlier loomed over him, saying something to Jungkook.

But by then the world was already fading, and the darkness welcomed him.

The moment he opened his eyes, he was laying on a soft bed.

"Oh! You're awake." A person asked, sounding familiar. Jungkook looked up to see the blonde guy from earlier, with a bandage wrapped around his head, and boxy grin on his face.

Jungkook slowly sat up and hugged his legs. "Where..."

"Ah, before that..." the guy offered him a small chunk of something caramel-ish, "...eat this, you'll feel better."

The boy furrowed his eyebrows at the strange food, but he took it anyway, bowing slightly while muttering a thank you.

He ate it all in one bite, and he suddenly felt a rush of energy surging through his whole body.

"What does it taste like?" The guy decided to sit on the corner of the bed.

Jungkook tried to find the right word to describe it, but only one thing came across his mind.

"It tastes like my mother's cooking." As he said it out loud, he felt tears starting to form around his eyes and an urge to choke in his throat.

The guy patted Jungkook's back. "It's alright, just let it out." He smiled reassuringly.

The boy wiped his tears with his sleeve. "S-sorry, I just miss her so badly." He sniffed and swallowed to get rid of the feel of crying.

"Anyway, w-where am I?" He noticed that there are other people, maybe just a year or two older than him, laying on the rows of bed with different injuries.

"As you can see, it's an infirmary." The guy explained. "And this infirmary, my friend, is in the safest camp next to Camp Jupiter, for children of the Greek gods."

Jungkook's eyes widen in confusion. "Children of gods?"

"Yup." The guy offered his hand to shake. "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. I'm Kim Taehyung, son of Hecate. What about you?"