FIRST DAY

Jungkook did not expect his half-siblings to be so hyper in the morning. He literally woke up to one of the girls screeching about giving back her shampoo from the bathroom. It was so loud his alarm was practically too scared to ring.

While waiting for everyone to be done, as he didn't really feel like butting in with the shower queue, he prepared his own set of clothing and some toiletries. He'll be the last to bathe, one way or another.

Still squatting down to get his stuff from his trusty backpack, he felt a presence behind him, along with the sound of something being thrown to his bed with a soft thump.

"Morning, Kook." One hand patted Jungkook's shoulder while the speaker lowered himself to the former's level.

"While you were still curled up dreaming about who-knows-what, I went to get you a shirt from the camp's little shop," Heejoon spoke warmly, "a little bit of something to make you feel home."

The fact that the counselor made no mention of last night's event bloomed question as Jungkook turned his head slightly at Heejoon, and let out a small 'thank you', with a tight smile as he wasn't sure how to interact with the older male.

The boy's anxiety seemed to trigger Heejoon into a laugh, as the older guy stifled a chuckle while ruffling Jungkook's hair.

Jungkook took note to be wary of him.

"It will take awhile for everyone to settle down and done showering," Heejoon said out of the blue. Perhaps he noticed that Jungkook was getting ready to have his turn. The fifteen-year-old just titled his head, watching one of the guys ran away from another with a brush in hand.

He heard Heejoon sighing, clearly tired of his half-siblings and their antics. "Tell you what, there's a bathroom outside that you can use," as if already preparing for the conversation to happen, the taller male took out a tablet from behind him and showed Jungkook a map of the camp.

"Don't tell the others that I have this," Heejoon said beforehand, "I, uh, I have a friend from the Athena cabin who lent me this to get the hang of this whole counseling thing.

"He said all counselors will have one soon," he explained quietly, "but for now I'm like an alpha tester, or ah, whatever you call those few people who get to play a game before its release."

Jungkook nodded his head, understanding the term from his own share of experience with games. His older brother used to get those sort of games from his co-workers, and Jungkook would happily play along, sometimes bragging a little about the game if anyone would listen to him in school.

Which reminded him, why did Junghyun appeared in his dream? He looked so different, too. Jungkook barely recognized him. And that blonde man— no, a god named Apollo...why did he look so weak if he was a god? Isn't Apollo one of the twelve Olympian gods? What happened to him?

Questions swirled Jungkook's head while Heejoon was explaining of certain places in the camp, pointing and zooming around the map as he spoke gently. Too bad that his words only passed by Jungkook like a mere wind.

"...and that is why you shouldn't go to the forest alone," Heejoon finished, sounding like a proud older brother who had successfully taught Jungkook how to solve a difficult math equation.

Jungkook just stared at the tablet, trying to see which places were which. Fortunately each location had its name typed right above it, making them easier to recognize. "I hope that was clear, did you catch my drift?"

The boy nodded slowly, pretending to understand whatever Heejoon was saying.

After picturing his way around the camp, he grabbed his things and stood up, thanking Heejoon for his somewhat useless explanation before heading to the bathroom.