Laying Awake At 3 A.M

(Joey's POV)

I glanced over at the clock on our bedside table. The bright, blinking letters said 3:37 A.M. Shane stirred and rested his head on my chest, snoring loudly.

The insomnia was worse every night. What had happened with Cat still wrecked me inside, and kept me awake, wondering how things could have been different. She was one of my best friends, but ended up outing me, drugging me, and almost raping me. And nobody knew except Shane. She was continuing to live a happy, carefree life, and I was only pretending. Shane was the only thing that kept me happy, when everything else was weighing me down. She was ruining my life without being near me, and it drove me crazy. I felt crazy a lot of the time. I needed to put a stop to it. 

I slid out of bed, untangling my legs from Shane's. I pulled on jeans and a hoodie, and slid boots onto my feet. I was silent as I combed through my hair, watching Shane for movement. But he was dead asleep, so I slipped out the door. I grabbed my keys off the coffee table and opened the door quietly, walking out into the night.

I started Satsuki, and pulled out of the parking lot, beginning the short drive. The streets were nearly deserted, and the drive was peaceful, but my mind was not. I didn't know what I was going to say when I got there, but I had to say something. When I pulled up in front of the tall glass apartment building, I took slow, steady breaths. I locked Satsuki and opened the clear doors into the lobby.

The elevator took me to the 5th floor, and I went to the apartment I had been many times before, but this time was different. I rapped on the door loudly, and there was only silence. I rang the bell, and I could hear a groan from inside.

"Open up," I hissed, my voice dry and tired sounding. I heard footsteps and the door opened.

"Joey, I missed you baby," Cat said, grinning evilly. She was in pajama shorts and a blue tank top, her dark hair up in a messy bun. She grabbed my hand and pulled me inside.

"Save it Cat." I told her, crossing my arms. She just laughed and dragged me into the kitchen, pouring two glasses of water and handing one to me.

"I missed you, you never come see me anymore," She pouted, pulling down her tank top ever so slightly.

"Maybe it's because you drugged me and tried to rape me." I glared at her.

"I don't remember that." She fake widened her eyes and rested her hand over her heart. "Come sit, we'll talk."She slid something off the counter into her shorts pocket and led me into the living room. She sat me down onto the couch, and sat beside me, leaning back against a pillow. I sat stiffly and angrily. This needed to stop.

"I don't buy that. You remember everything. It was all part of your plan to take me away from Shane." I could feel the anger building up inside of me. She stood up and stood over me, leaning against my shirt.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She whispered, her breath hot against my ear. She sat on top of me, and began kissing my neck.

"Get off me! Cat, what the hell?" I tried to push her off, but she clung to me, digging her pink fingernails into my back.

She grabbed my chin and forced my lips to hers, and it felt so wrong.

"STOP!" I struggled to yell, but she covered my lips with hers again, trying to push her tongue into my mouth. She pulled the item out of her pocket and slid her hands to my back again. And suddenly, there was a hot, white pain in my upper back. She jumped off of me and grinned.

"Oops."

I fell forward onto the hard, cold floor, my vision blurring. The pain in my back was immense, and my eyes were closing. My breathing became staggered, and I could hear the window opening as it all went black.

A/N I actually really don't like Cat in real life so I decided to make her even more evil. I'm off to write another chapter though! Get ready for more drama!

Where to find me:

Instagram: @shoeyswifi

Tumblr: my-goodness-joey.tumblr.com 

ILY! <3