1. My Brother

Makenna’s POV

“Don’t be like that Kenna…People change…I know, I know….Just trust me…Is that a yes…Yes! I promise you won’t regret this…Love you sis…see you tomorrow!” My brother’s voice rang through the phone. My bother, Niall Horan. Yeah, the Niall Horan. I love him to death; he is the best brother in the world. And I get to stay with him! Then why am I so upset about it? Because he shares a flat with his band mates. One direction. You’re probably still asking why I’m upset about staying with them. Well my answer is Harry Styles. Harry and I have never gotten along. Well…he hates me. He teases me and bullies me. Not in a physical way! He would never lay a finger on a girl. But mentally. I trusted the boys when I first met them and I was stupid enough to tell them about all the heartbreak I’ve been through. I never had luck with guys. You name it, I’ve been trough everything. Abuse, cheating, being used, teased about whom I was with, and the most common pure heartbreak. Harry thinks its fun, but its torture. The worst part about all of it. I’m truly, madly, deeply, and unconditionally in love with him. Niall doesn’t know, the other boys don’t know, my parents don’t know, my friends don’t know, nobody knows. And I’m determined to keep it that way for as long as possible. The other boys are ok but I tend to sit lonely by myself so I haven’t gotten to know them very well. I guess this is my chance though. And at least I will be with my brother…

“Are you all ready to go honey?” My mother, Maura, asked.

“Yeah mum, I think I am.” I sighed. We stood outside and waited for Niall. Greg had his arm around me and was holding me close.

“I’m going to miss you kiddo.” Greg sighed.

“I know, I’ll miss you too.” I said sadly. I wrapped both my arms around him and squeezed him close to me. My brothers meant everything to me. I couldn’t imagine not having them in my life. A car I didn’t recognize stopped in front of our house and I thought it was Niall. But out walked my father, Bobby. I let go of Greg and ran to my dad. I hugged him tight and he kissed my forehead.

“Now, are you sure you want to go?” He asked. They all knew about Harry. And we knew not to tell anyone else in case it leaked to the press that Harry is a bully.

“I’m sure dad. I won’t bother with him and I’ll be with Niall. That’s all I want.” I told him honestly. He nodded and kissed my forehead again. Another car pulled into the driveway and Niall stepped out. My parents went to give him a hug and I gave Greg one more hug goodbye.

“Have a good time. And if any boys need some straightening up, you call me and I’ll be there in a jiffy!” Greg promised me.

“Ok, I will. I love you.” I whispered. He kissed my forehead like my dad did. I guess they just do that because I’m shorter than them. I hugged and kissed my parents and got into the car with Niall after Greg put my bags into the car. I waved as Niall drove away form our house.

“So how have you been?” Niall asked cheerfully.

“Good. I’ve missed you a lot!” I sighed.

“Well we won’t have to worry about that because we are going to have the time of our lives!” He said. It was silent for a moment until Niall cleared his throat.

“Makenna, are you scared?” He said in a soft voice. I didn’t say anything and just looked out the window. “Kenna?” He asked, grabbing my hand.

“I just don’t want to be around him.” I said trying not to cry.

“I’m sorry I can’t do anything about it. You know I’ve tried, but it’s Harry.”

“I know, and I won’t let him get to me.”

“You can’t promise that. You never know what’s going to come popping out of his mouth!”

“Do you consider Harry your friends?”

“Makenna…yes, but only when he isn’t hurting you…it’s hard to explain.”

“It’s fine. I don’t care.”

“We’re here.” Niall sighed. He got out of the car and gave a man his keys. I got out of the car and Niall grabbed my bags from the back. I took two bags from Niall so we both had equal. We walked into the big airport and checked in. We went through security then looked for a McDonalds. We found it and waited in line. I stepped up first and ordered.

“I’ll take a number fifteen, large. And a large chocolate chip frappe.” I told the man. He nodded then looked at Niall. Niall ordered and paid. We waited for our food and I told Niall anything new that has happened since we last talked.

“Order forty two!” The man called. Niall grabbed our food then we found our gate. We sat down and started to eat our food. Once we finished the woman made an announcement that they were boarding.

“Ready?” Niall asked.

“Ready!” I sighed. We threw away our food then got onto the plane. We waited a while for the plane to take off and once it finally did I plugged my headphones from my iPod into my ears and stared out the window until I fell into a light sleep.

“Makenna. Let’s go, the plane landed.” Niall said, shaking my sleeping body. I nodded and took out my headphones. I stuffed it in my pocket and me and Niall got off the plane. Once we made our way to baggage claim it took us another half an hour just waiting for our bags. Then the bell finally rang and we stood up and grabbed all four of my bags. We grabbed a taxi and were dropped off at the flat I knew all too well. I sighed and Niall rubbed my shoulder.

“Are you ok?” Niall asked softly.

“Just peachy.” I mumbled. We walked up to the house and I took a deep breath before walking in.