Chapter 12- The Rooftop

"Morning everyone," Derrick smirked as the rest of us yawned and rubbed our sleep-deprived eyes.

"I'll cut right to the chase. Did any of you get the flash drive?" Murmurs and grumbling was all the responses he received. "Harder than you thought, eh? Any of you who did get the flash drive, please step forward and give it to me," Derrick said as he held out his hand.

I saw Theo confidently stride over to Derrick, placing a flash drive in his palm. I stepped forward a moment afterwards, along with Raj and Cam.

"That's all?" Derrick said. I cast a questioning glance at Hazel, whose strategy had been the same as mine, and she simply shrugged and shook her head. "Alright. You four have the day off. You all have permission to leave the compound today as well, if you want to. See you tomorrow," he said emotionlessly before turning back to the group.

Us four walked ourselves out. "So how'd you guys do it?" Raj asked as we walked down the hallway towards our rooms. "Got mine drunk off his ass, then took it from him. Simple," Theo said, and I nodded in agreement.

"Same here. Seduction and alcohol," I said. At the word seduction, Cam laughed. "I didn't even need to do anything for mine. She started flirting with me, and when I asked for it she just gave it to me. After I promised to take her out to dinner, though," he said with a smile. "Which I have no intention of doing."

"I did it the same way as Theo and Gracie," Raj said as we walked up to the dorms. Theo and Raj went off to their respective rooms, and I plopped down on a couch in the commons, my body aching with exhaustion. "All day to yourself. Got any plans?" Cam said as he sat down on the couch beside me.

"Nope. I might take a nap or something, considering I got barely any sleep last night," I said with a yawn. "What about you?"

"I thought I might go out and sightsee a bit. Want to come?" he said as he stretched his arms behind his head. My eyes lit up at the mention of sightseeing, but I shook my head.

"No thanks. I really should get some rest." "That's no fun," Cam whined, flashing me his best puppy eyes.

"Pouting isn't going to work. Besides, I'm tired from dancing all night, I doubt I have the strength to walk around all day," I reasoned.

A smirk crept across Cam's face. "Can't walk, eh? That's not a problem. Let's go," he said as he stood up, a knowing smirk still plastered on his face.

"Let's go? But I told you I'm not--"

I was cut off by Cam literally scooping me up off the couch to carry me, one hand holding up my legs and the other supporting my back.

"Cam, what the hell--?"

"You said you can't walk, and now you don't have to. Besides, who ever said you had a choice to come with me?" Cam said tauntingly, and I glared at him.

"You did! You said 'want to come', implying that I had a choice--"

I was cut off again by Cam pretending to drop me, causing me to shriek and throw my arms around his neck to prevent me from falling.

"Keep talking and flailing, and I'll do that again," he smiled. "Let me go! Let me go, you bastard!" I half shouted, half laughed as he repeatedly pretended to drop me.

I finally calmed down as he walked up to my door. "I'm going to put you down now, and if you aren't out and ready to go in five minutes, I will break down your door and come get you," he said in the most serious tone he could manage.

"Fine," I said, and as soon as the words left my mouth he gently put me down. "Five minutes. Your time starts now," he said, and I stuck my tongue out at him as I closed the door in his face.