Chapter 16- Tell Me

"So, what movie do you want to watch?" I said, sitting on the edge of Theo's bed as he closed the door behind us.

"Well, we could watch a movie, but I have another activity that I think is much more exciting," he said, leaning against the closed door with a sexy smirk on his perfectly chiseled face.

"I thought you said we were going to watch a movie?"

"I did. But, if I recall," he said, stepping towards me until his legs touched mine. "I do have one unused I.O.U."

"And what do you want to use it on?" I said tentatively, trying to read his emotions through his piercing green eyes.

He hesitated a moment. "You."

He closed the distance between us and kissed me gently. I kissed him back, putting my hand around his neck to pull him closer to me. He began to kiss me more fiercely, moving his hands to my hips as our kiss quickly went from a soft breeze to a tempest.

I felt his hands slip under my thighs as he lifted me up, my legs straddling him, not breaking our kiss as he backed me up towards a wall.

I groaned slightly as I felt my back hit the wall, but didn't stop kissing him.

"What's with you and walls?" I managed to breathe out when we paused, taking a second to catch our breath. "Nothing. Care for a change of scenery?" He said, swinging me onto the bed. I didn't have a chance to catch my breath before he claimed my lips again.

I reached my hands upwards to explore his torso, making sure that six pack hadn't just been a figment of my imagination. It wasn't.

In response to my touch he kissed me harder, longer, and I felt his hand start to creep up the hem of my shirt--

Wait. No. What?

I moved my hand to stop him and broke the kiss. "Sorry, I just... I'm not ready for that," I said, looking up into Theo's eyes above me. For a second they seemed to be filled anger, but his expression became sympathetic so quickly I must have imagined it.

"Of course. I don't want to push you," he said, leaning a bit away from me. "But I've got to say... I kind of like this. Me and you, I mean. What do you say we give us a shot, hm?"

He turned his emerald green eyes to me, so full of hope that even if I had wanted to, I couldn't have said no.

"Sure," I said, smiling at him. He smiled back.

"Now where were we?"

*********

The rest of the weekend-- which was only Sunday, really-- flew by. Monday resumed our hectic training, leaving me with plenty of mew bruises and the beginnings of a decent roundhouse kick. Tuesday and Wednesday was much of the same: sparring, practicing our aim, and getting new minor wounds every hour.

That's why Thursday was such a surprise.

It started with breakfast. Ever since Theo and I had started dating, he had started sitting with my group of friends, as did Aliana after the tranq challenge. They both fit right in, going along with everyone's banter smoothly.

"I'm telling you, as soon as I perfect that roundhouse kick, I'm going to nail you straight in the crotch," Piere said to Kenneth, a frown on his face as he angrily ate his waffles.

"Me? What the hell did I do?"

"You deliberately switched partners yesterday so that Pierre would end up fighting Derrick instead of you," Hazel said, and Pierre pointed his fork in her direction. "Exactly."