Markhyuck

Xiumin had left Mark at the dorm and just brought Donghyuck with him to the rented out area the two chose as the perfect spot for him to make his apology.

It was an empty room with a stage in the far back. With much work Xiumin and Donghyuck managed to fix the stage with Polaroids and pictures of Mark and Donghyuck. In the center of a room was a single chair placed in front of the stage where Mark would soon sit at.

"Okay go over the note one more time." Xiumin instructed as Haechan clutched the microphone tightly in his hand. For his apology, he wanted to sing it out, seeing as singing is what he does best.

After countless of songs he wanted to sing he concluded on Exo's very own "First Love". The lyrics described how Donghyuck truly felt about Mark, overall the song was a perfect match. Donghyuck could only hope Mark thought the same.

Xiumin wiped a fake tear as the song ended. "I think Mark is going to love it. Are you ready?"

Donghyuck was ready to get it over with, he knew that for sure but he wasn't ready for the chance of Mark not accepting his apology. Regardless he nodded. "As ready as I'll ever be."

"Okay. Wait behind the stage. I'm going to go get Mark. I'll be back in 15 minutes." Xiumin gave him a reassuring pat on the back before jogging out of eye distance.

"Please let this work."

-

Mark let Xiumin guide him to the chair without questions. He took a seat and waited for Xiumin to say something.

"Um, what now?"

"Look at the stage. You'll see." His eyes wondered over the decorated stage. A small smile fell on his lips as he looked at each picture that was taken of him and Donghyuck.

The lights in the room dimmed and footsteps bounced off the walls. Mark let his smile fall as Donghyuck appeared, nervously biting his lip and twirling the microphone in his hand.

He cleared his throat before placing the microphone to his lips. "I wanted to sing you a song. I hope you like it."

Mark had to try so hard to remain emotionless as he watched Haechan up on the stage. The background music played softly from the speakers.

"Step by step, I follow you without you knowing, I match my footsteps with yours." He started off, still too nervous to look at Mark so he opted in looking at the floor.

"Our innocent love story has only been told to me. It feels like I'm floating above the clouds. It feels like I could fly." Donghyuck started to get lost in the words. His nervousness vanished the moment he made eye contact with Mark.

Without being seen Xiumin sang along adding his beautiful voice to Haechan's with the extra words Haechan clearly couldn't sing along to.

You came to me and bloomed
(a pretty single stemmed rose)

You are my light
(my light that shines in my heart)

A secret that no one knows
(a secret only we want to keep)

The most dazzling picture
(my picture, such a beautiful picture, love)

When it comes to a boy and boy's first love

With clear eyes, you whispered to me
And in that reflection, I am smiling

Everything looks different

Even your name makes my heart flutter, this dream called first love

I'm falling deeper and deeper, like a child who has seen the world for the first time

The unknown mystery that is you, I want to get to know one by one

Teach me what love is, only you can teach me

Slowly draw it on a white piece of paper so only I can see

Every day, it's crazy, I will be with you, I dream baby

Love you baby baby You came to me without a sound, carefully spreading more and more

Everything I got to know through you is beautiful

I want to fall asleep forever in this dream

The moment I stepped inside your world

I was born again

When the music cut off Donghyuck's pent up tears filled his eyes. His next few words came out choked as he fought the urge to break down.

"Mark, I'm sorry for hurting you. I realized how much you mean to me. From this point on I'll change."

Mark's heart clenched as he watched Donghyuck come apart on stage. He waited for the words he wanted to hear the most. "Mark, I love you. Please, please love me back."

Mark finally stood and smiled through his watery eyes. "I never stopped loving you." With that, the two ran towards each other. Mark met Haechan first and engulfed him in a tight hug while the other let his tears fall on Mark's shoulder.

"I love you so much Donghyuck. Thank you for finally realizing how much I mean to you."

"I'm sorry it took me so long." Mark smiled and tightened his arms around Donghyuck. The two stood there in each other's arms whispering sweet "i love you's" while Xiumin snapped pictures from behind.

"Stop crying now." Mark pulled back, using his thumbs to wipe away the remaining tears on his lovers face. "This is our new beginning and let me tell you, it's going to be perfect."

-

I damn near cried typing this. *cries* only one last chatroom left.