Goodbye Hellsing

London-- 30 years earlier from last chapter

Alucard walked slowly down a hallway that he had walked a million times before. He had been summoned by Hellsing's head council and he knew exactly why.

The councilmen and women politely greeted him as he entered the room. He took a seat at the round table, the same seat where his former master, Integra Hellsing, once sat.

"You summoned me?" Alucard asked with all seriousness, he wanted to hear the much anticipated words come from their mouths.

"Yes, sir Alucard. We have called you here today to discuss your release from The Hellsing Organization. Your former master, Integra Hellsing, passed away last week as I'm sure you're aware." A thin woman with a deep cold voice spoke from across the table.

"I am."

"When miss Integra-"

"Sir." Alucard cut her off with a snarl.

"Excuse me." The woman apologized, "When sir Integra was of age to run Hellsing on her own, she signed a contract that her father had once signed himself. It stated that you would be kept here as long as Hellsing family blood ran this establishment. Now, since sir Integra never bore any children, the Hellsing bloodline has ended its reign on this industry. Therefore, Hellsing will be under new management and will no longer be needing your services. You must take miss Seras Victoria with you when you leave, including any other personal items that you may need. You have until tomorrow morning. Are there any questions?" The woman lifted a penciled in eyebrow.

"No, I understand. Thank you for allowing me to stay here longer than necessary."

"Oh, and one more thing. Integra wanted you to have this." The thin woman then walked over to Alucard, carrying something in her hand, "for years of dedicated service to The Hellsing Organization I present you with this Medal of bravery, honor, and loyalty to your master. May god bless you on your long journey and life ahead." She shakily pinned the medal on his flowing red coat, obviously intimidated by him as she shook the No-Life King's hand. Everyone else saluted him as they watched him go out.

"Master, what did they say?" Seras had been expectantly waiting for him behind the giant soundproof door.

"What I was expecting them to say." Alucard strolled past her as the doors slammed shut behind him.

"So we're done?"

"Yes, Seras."

"What do we do now?"

Alucard chuckled at her question. For once in his life he had no idea what was next. He had always known what to do and when to do it, but he had been at Hellsing for so long that it became all that he knew. Killing vampires and killing anything else that stood in his master's way, but now his master was gone.

"Do you miss sir Integra, master?" Seras asked, breaking the silence.

"No. I have been on this earth for over 500 years, humans come and go. Sir Integra was of the few humans I enjoyed being around, but it's time to move on." Alucard began to walk away, down the carpeted hallway, looking down at his gloved hands. The Hellsing seal that was once on the palm was now gone.

"What about Walter?"

Alucard stopped for a moment then chuckled, "He knew from the start what he would be getting into if he fought me or betrayed Hellsing. I pity a man who fights so blindly. Walter's death is an amusement to me. Now, no more questions police girl, it's daytime I'm exhausted."

Seras watched him go and giggled at her old nickname he had once given her so long ago. It had felt like almost yesterday when Alucard had found her and saved her from a terrible death. Seras yawned as she looked outside the windows of the hallway. The garden looked so beautiful in daytime, but her master was right, she needed sleep. Seras Victoria hurried down the stairs to the dungeon, following her master.

_________

That night Alucard was the first to awaken, waking up Seras a few minutes later.

"Are we going to bring anything with us, master?" She asked, climbing out of her coffin that had been placed next to Alucard's.

"Only if you wish, I wont be needing anything from here. Once I reach the nearest store I'm going to get rid of these clothes. I don't want to be reminded this place." Alucard spoke as he always did, but there was something else in his voice that Seras could sense. Hurt or sorrow perhaps.

"Then I will too." Seras said comfortingly, following her master out of the building that they had shared so many memories in. To Alucard it may have just been another piece to his long life, but to Seras it was home. The first place with people in it she was able to call her family.

The two of them walked in silence as they entered the city as there wasn't much to say. Seras knew he was going to break her heart once they got new clothes, but she tried to put it out of her mind until they got there.

They broke into a store that sold suits and dresses. Alucard traded his iconic red suit for a more boring suit that was black with thin white stripes and a hat that matched. He looked like he was part of a gang from the 1920's except that he wore a pink dress shirt underneath instead of a white one. Alucard also got rid of his glasses, not even bothering to get a new pair.

Seras put on a blue blouse and a black pencil skirt, abandoning her previous yellow outfit. The two of them met again outside the shop, laughing at their new looks.

"Is it weird not carrying guns anymore, master?" Seras laughed.

Alucard didn't respond as he smiled down at Seras, grabbing hold of her hands which was unexpected from him.

"M-master?"

"Seras, I am going to leave you now. You served me under Hellsing's eye but now we are both free. You have been under my wing long enough, and have become more powerful than I could have ever imagined which means my work here is done." Alucard still held her hands but went silent.

"So that's it then? You're just going to leave me here? Where will you go? What will you do? What will I do?" Seras' brow furrowed, growing worried.

"My dear Seras Victoria, you mustn't worry. Try living a normal human life if you wish. Rejoin society, maybe even become a police girl again? There are so many opportunities for you. As for me, I think I'm going to do what I've wanted to do since I was much younger."

"What's that master- er.. I mean Alucard?"

"I'm going to find an old friend." Alucard didn't make eye contact with her as he said this.

"An old friend?" Seras interrogated.

"It's a long story. When we meet again I will tell you everything. Goodbye Seras." With that, Alucard brought one of her hands to his lips and turned to leave. However, that wasn't enough for Seras as she pulled his arm around and hugged him tightly.

"Goodbye, Master." Seras smiled as she felt his arms wrap around her too. She wished him the best and hoped that this wasn't the last time they'd be seeing each other.

The hug eventually broke and Seras felt a lump in her throat as she watched her former master's shadow grow smaller and smaller as he walked further and further into the unknown.