The Murderer

Last night was uneventful, all Alucard and I did was talk on my roof. Mainly because I had so many questions to ask him. I had never talked to a real vampire before, then again I was one... I supposed.

"Hey, you okay?" I snapped out of my dazed state of mind as I heard someone call to me.

"I'm fine. Just stared into space for a minute." I replied, rubbing my head as I looked around for the source of the voice.

"Oh, sorry. You just had like this weird look on your face, looked like you'd just seen a ghost." A tall, brunette boy approached me. We were in a workout class that my school provided for students after school. I was riding one of the indoor bikes.

"Ha! Yeah, my face does that sometimes." I rubbed some sweat off my forehead.

"That's good then." The boy chuckled. He was wearing black shorts and a green tank top.

"I'm Gray. Have we met before?" I asked.

"Oh, haha! Where are my manners? I'm Will, and no I don't believe we have. Are you new this year?" He politely shook my sweaty hand. I could feel my face heating up.

"Yeah. I just moved here from America. Too bad I'm only here for a year, then it's off to college."

"Nice, well it's not like you've missed out on a 'great' 3 years here. Most of the kids here are assholes, you'd think that they'd like new kids but I guess even clicks have a max limit." Will smiled, I smiled back. He was the first person at the school who actually talked to me without me having to talk to them first.

"So I'll see you around?" He asked, noticing that the class had just ended.

"Uh, yeah! Totally, I'm here tomorrow for the class so... yeah!" I had never been more awkward in my life.

"Cool, see you tomorrow then." Will left. I was left there red faced and mentally slapping myself for acting like such an idiot around an attractive guy. This would never have happened at my old school.

I grabbed my things from the locker room and started walking home. It was the beginning of winter so exercise clothes weren't the warmest option. I began jogging, hoping to warm up.

"You know, there's a much faster way to get home than jogging." I gasped as Alucard appeared on a nearby park bench.

"Well, if there is I'll learn it later, it's getting dark and I need to get home so-"

"So follow me, I can get you home before dark. Besides, it's dangerous in the streets of London at night, especially if you're wearing that." Alucard eyed my workout clothes. I was wearing some leggings and a tank top that was a tad low cut. I blushed.

"Hey! I used to live in a city much worse than this. I think I'll be fine." I started jogging again.

"Alright." He suddenly appeared in front of me, causing me to almost run into him, "I'm calling this 'Lesson One of being a vampire'. As my apprentice, you must do as I say."

"Fine." I muttered.

"Now, this may look tricky but it's easier than it seems, especially for someone like you." Instantly, Alucard turned himself into hundreds of bats right before my very eyes. I stood there speechless, watching as he returned to his original form, a giant smirk on his face.