Confusion

-- sorry for the long update, due to Christmas and family. Happy Holidays, and enjoy! --

Despite not wanting to kill anyone, I couldn't help but want to continue seeing Alucard. He intrigued me in so many ways, I didn't understand why. It had been a week since our last encounter and I assumed that he thought I needed some space to figure my shit out. This was true about three days ago, but I had thought it over and decided that as long as I had control over my instincts and drank a little bit of blood a week, I'd be fine with being Alucard's apprentice.

"Hey, Gray, right? I always forget names." I heard a familiar voice as I slammed my locker and turned around.

"Oh, hey Will. Haven't seen you in a while." The relatively attractive brunette stood tall in front of me.

"Well, you haven't been to the workout class for like a week. Is everything good?" He sounded concerned which was sweet yet odd, I barely even knew him.

"Yeah, well I've been busy. We just moved in so I needed to help my parents get settled. I'll be at class today, though" I then began to walk to the locker room to change for the class.

"Then I guess I'll see you in a few." He grinned, walking up the stairs to the gym. I had never noticed how much I liked hearing his accent.

I smiled to myself as I changed into my workout clothes. Putting my hair into a high pony, I began thinking about Will. Did I like him or was I just lonely? The last time I had a boyfriend was for a week in 8th grade when he held my hand at recess and kissed me on the cheek before running away and never talking to me again. Will was pretty cute, though. Aren't I like hundreds of years older than him? I laughed out loud at this and got a couple strange looks in return. Even if I am, who cares? It's not like anyone would know.
___________

After class and somehow sufficiently soaking my clothing with sweat, Will approached me again.

"Hey, um, I wanted to ask you something." He scratched the back of his neck nervously, my heart skipped a beat.

"Sure, what's up?"

"So, there's this club that a lot of people go to on Friday nights and I was wondering if you'd like to go with me?" He spoke confidently, as if he somehow knew I was destined to say yes.

"Yeah, sounds fun! Is it fancy, or-"

"Not really, pretty casual. Just make sure you wear something you can dance in, ha!"

"Ha! But aren't minors not allowed in clubs?"

"No, they're allowed. The drinking age is 18, is it different in America?"

"Totally different, you have to be 21 to drink." I laughed, London just got way better.

"Oh, whelp, welcome to Europe! I'll pick you up around 8 on Friday, is that okay?"

"Yeah, that works. See ya!" I then started on my way home. Was I just asked out? I smiled as I started jogging... Then I saw Alucard, "oh... hi."

"Clear night, no wind, hardly any clouds." He spoke softly, observing the sky.

"Look, I-I thought about what happened last week. When you told me that I hurt my neighborhood... I still want to be your apprentice. As long as I drink blood at least once a week I should be okay."

"You'll need much more than that if you want to control yourself." Alucard chuckled as my face reddened. "Are you ready for another lesson, Draculina?"