Chapter 5: If You Try

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokemon. Pokemon belongs to GameFreak, etc.

A Staraptor, Braviary, Mega Charizard X, Noivern and Mega Metagross hovered near Team Flare's ship. Upon these Pokemon were their respective owners, and Brock, whose Crobat wasn't strong enough to carry him.

"Now!" Diantha shouted.

"Brave Bird!" Ash and Serena both commanded.

"Flamethrower!"

"Flash Cannon!"

"Boomburst!"

"Wing Attack!"

"Thunderbolt!"

The two birds and Crobat swooped in and smashed into the side of the ship. Following those was a burst of fire from Charizard, a beam of pure white from Metagross, powerful sound waves from Noivern and a charge of electricity from Pikachu.

Combined, the ship stood no chance. A massive hole was ripped in the middle of the wall they had tried to penetrate.

"Part Two!" Steven called. Everyone's Pokemon dived down and their passenger alighted and stepped onto the boat, where Flare grunts were already surrounding them.

"Pikachu, Thunderbolt!"

Pikachu leapt off his trainer's shoulder, and shocked every last enemy in the vicinity.

"Now is when we split. Good luck, all of you." Diantha stated.

Ash stopped Serena as she was about to leave.

"Serena, please stay safe. Call if you need help. I promise I will protect you."

"I will, Ash. Take care."

Each person left to go their separate ways. Ash passed multiple grunts, who he dismissed with Infernape and Mach Punch. He reached a metal door with a pin code on the lock, so he assumed it would be an important room.

"Iron Tail, Pikachu."

Pikachu's tail glowed white and slammed down onto the lock, making it malfunction and open the door. Ash went through. Nothing. All he could see were some glass tanks with a red liquid in them.

"Well, well. You fell for our trap."

Ash spun around and saw a woman with orange hair.

"I'm going to be nice and try not to mess up your name. It really is hard to distinguish you from your partners in crime. So I'll just call you Useless Admin One."

"Kid's got some nerve, doesn't he, Bryony?"

"He does indeed." Bryony answered.

The two ladies tossed three Pokeballs, revealing a Druddigon, Liepard and Bisharp.

"Shadow Claw, Liepard! Bisharp, you use Iron Head!"

"Pikachu, counter with Iron Tail!"

"Dragon Claw!"

"Mach Punch, Infernape!"

Ash threw another Pokeball. "It's time to shine, Greninja! Water Shuriken!"

============================================================

Serena and Brock had handled most of the grunts fairly easily. One of them with a Mightyena had given them a slight bit of trouble, though not as much trouble as Pangoro gave Mightyena's face.

They stumbled across a door with a lock like the one Ash had just shattered. They looked at each other, knowing what to do.

"Pangoro, Arm Thrust."