Chapter 10: Before You Realise

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokemon. Pokemon belongs to GameFreak, etc.

Okay, here is the final chapter. I did not mention that this was going to be the last, but it will. Sorry for not saying so earlier. You may think it is short for a fanfiction, but the chapters are about 3500 words long each so it's actually decent. If you are unsatisfied with the ending (which I think you might be), comment for a sequel. I'll leave the rest of the talk till the end of the chapter. Enjoy.

"Ahhhhh! I can't do this!" the honey-blonde performer screeched. Her boyfriend, sitting on a seat nearby, covered his ears a little too late.

"Arceus, Serena, what's got you so worked up this time? You weren't nearly as... crazy, when you entered the Master Class the first time!"

"I know, Ash, but something just makes me more nervous than ever!"

"Maybe it's because you just really want to win this. Don't worry about it. Your Pokemon won't be upset if you don't win. I understand you've done all that training, but look at me! I've travelled and trained with Pokemon for nine years now, and I've never won any League Conference!"

"I guess you're right."

"I'm always right." Ash beamed.

"Braggart." Serena mumbled.

"I heard that. Anyway, you've got a whole week to perfect your performance!"

It had been almost one year since the second Team Flare incident. Ash had joined Serena on her journey to collect her Princess Keys for the Master Class.

"I still haven't even decided which Pokemon I want to use! Ash, help me will you?" Serena pleaded.

"All right, all right! Calm down! I will help you. Now tell me what moves your Pokemon have. By the way, Lapras don't do well on land so you probably shouldn't use it."

"Okay, so Delphox knows Psychic, Light Screen, Mystical Fire and Flamethrower, Pangoro has-"

"No offence to Pangoro but I wouldn't use him. He's not really the graceful type anymore once he's evolved from Pancham, don't you think?"

"Right. Sylveon has Protect, Swift, Fairy Wind and Moonblast. Braviary knows Superpower, Tailwind, Aerial Ace and Brave Bird."

"Braviary's not the greatest performing Pokemon."

"I used him in contests in Hoenn. He won a few for me."

"Use him then."

"Now that that's sorted out, what combinations should I use?" Serena pondered.

"Try getting Braviary to use Brave Bird, dive into a Mystical Fire tornado, then shatter a Protect from Sylveon."

"That's a nice idea actually. Anything else?"

"You have to have the Flamethrower-Swift. We all love that one."

"Okay. Got that down. What else?"

"Use Tailwind to blow the star from the Flamethrower and Swift out further into the audience. Also, get Braviary to carry Delphox around while Delphox sets up Light Screens, and get Sylveon to use Moonblast. Hopefully, the Moonblast will create a nice pattern by rebounding off the Light Screens."

"Thanks! I'll try that right now."

"Don't stress yourself out too much, remember!"

"I won't. I'm not like you."

============================================================

A week after Serena's hyperventilating, it was time for the Master Class.