Chapter 6: Inspirational Promise

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokemon. Pokemon belongs to GameFreak, etc.

Ash repeatedly smacked his fist into the wall. His face was overflowing with anger.

"What do you mean, their real base hasn't been found yet? It's been one week!"

"Ash, calm down. The police force has been cut down so they can supervise the Master Class in Ambrette Town." Diantha explained calmly.

"I think the existence of this world is more important than a Master Class Showcase, no?" Ash asked sarcastically.

"Officer Jenny's doing her best. She's only got ten others with her-"

"She'd have fifteen if she let us help!"

"True, but she doesn't want the Elite Four or Champion to get hurt. Or the general public in your case."

"I AM NOT AN ORDINARY PERSON. I have discussed this with my friend Dawn last week. I saved the world thirty flipping times. Is that not enough to convince this imbecilic Miltank of an officer to let me help? Besides, I have friends who are prisoners of Lysandre, I have the right to help!"

"You know, if you can find where their base is, I'll let Gardevoir loose on Officer Jenny until she lets us help."

"Deal."

"WHERE IS THEIR DAMN BASE?"

"Young man. If you truly are passionate about doing something here, I'll help, but you have to tell me a reason for me to do so." Siebold offered the frustrated boy.

"I have friends, held captive by Lysandre. The world could end if we don't find them soon."

"Not good enough. I know there's more to it. I'm a smart man, Ash Ketchum, and I can tell that you haven't said everything."

"Fine! There's someone I love there, alright? Someone who is my inspiration to wake up each day. Someone who I would do anything for."

"Good. Now I will assist you, on one condition."

"What is it?" Ash groaned.

"You have to tell her your feelings after this is all over."

"I will."

Siebold strutted out the door. He turned back to Ash.

"You coming?"

"Right. Sorry."

Ash rushed after him and called out Staraptor and Noivern for them. Siebold climbed onto Noivern with slight difficulty due to his robes.

"Staraptor, Noivern, let's go. We haven't got all day."

Staraptor and Noivern boosted themselves off the ground and took flight.

============================================================

After hours of searching, Staraptor was given the order to land. Ash rolled off onto the hard earth.

"Ouch."

Noivern dropped down next to him, and Siebold slid off, more gracefully than Ash.

"I think we should call it for the day."

"No. We can't. Not yet. Not when my friends are relying on me." Ash told the older man, sitting up.

"There's no good in trying when you're tired."

"I will do anything for my friends."

"This is not what they'd want. They don't want you beating yourself up, starving yourself, so you can find Team Flare's stupid base."