Chapter 8: Anything For Her

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokemon. Pokemon belongs to GameFreak, etc.

Sorry, I didn't get to say Merry Christmas, so I will say it now. Merry Christmas everyone, and thank you for 300 reads. I know it's not much, you've got Sawyer's Pokemon School on 190K and Elliora's Pretty Boy on 42.2K (check them out if you haven't already) but I never expected to even be over 100. I hope that the 300 can add an extra 0 after it one day, perhaps even two 0's.

Anyway without further ado, here is the chapter. Enjoy!

The Water Shuriken whizzed through the air at Squishy. Squishy tried to stop it, but this attack from Ash was far too strong.

This Water Shuriken has the most power I've ever put into an attack. Behind it is my determination, my courage and all my love for Serena. I will not let it go to waste!

Ash's thoughts proved right when Squishy was thrown back almost off the building. Lysandre stared at Ash and Greninja, bewildered and... scared?

"Zygarde, use Land's Wrath again." Bonnie commanded emotionlessly .

"Dodge it Greninja! Then use Aerial Ace!"

As Land's Wrath cracked towards Greninja, he boosted himself into the air and dropped back down like a stone, smashing his hands and feet into Squishy's head repeatedly.

"Pyroar, Hyper Beam!"

Lysandre caught Ash well off guard, and as Hyper Beam closed in on him, Ash could do nothing - but he didn't have to in the first place.

Another fifty percent Zygarde appeared before him and took the hit, unflinching, and even sent back a Dragon Pulse. Pyroar, temporarily immobilised by the Hyper Beam, was struck and flung back into Lysandre, knocking him over.

"You're not doing that to me tonight, Lysandre. Zygarde's making sure of it. Now, Greninja, Cut!"

Greninja charged at Squishy, taking out an energy sabre from where a sword would be if he had one. Unusually, it was purple, not white.

"You finally learned Night Slash!"

All Greninja did in response was give a 'ja!' of satisfaction, before refocusing on Squishy and slicing it across the abdomen.

Squishy slightly bent over reactively, before straightening up again.

"Zygarde, use Earthquake." Squishy reared up and slammed back down, creating tremors that threatened to crumble this part of the Prism Tower. With a fissure churning towards him, Greninja sensed Ash's thoughts before they were voiced, and used Double Team. 

The real Greninja, who ended up in the air, was relatively unaffected by the attack, save a few scratches from loose stones.

"Water Shuriken!"

Greninja wrenched off the star on his back and hurled it at Zygarde. Zygarde was defenceless for the time being, and the Water Shuriken smashed into it yet again.

Lysandre tried to attack Ash while he was distracted, again.

"Dark Pulse, Honchkrow."

Like last time, Zygarde intervened. Instead of just taking the shot, it used Dragon Pulse to both deflect it and attack Honchkrow. Honchkrow was shoved into the wall behind it.

"Change of plan then. Zygarde, use Dragon Pulse on the man with the spiky hair!" Lysandre demanded hysterically, pointing to Brock.

"No! Don't you dare! Charizard, Infernape, Flamethrower to block it!"