Chapter 5

"Riley, check this out. How adorable is this?" Holding up a pink onesie, Rydel grinned widely as I read the print on the fabric. Mommy's Little Angel was written in cursive letters, polkadots scattered around. "Please let me buy it. It's to cute to pass up."

"We don't even know if I'm having a girl or boy, Del." I laughed, causing her to pout. It was definitely a cute outfit, but I didn't want to buy it before I knew the gender. If anything, I would start buying gender neutral outfits to be safe. 

She shrugged, tossing the onesie in her basket. "I'm buying it anyway. I think your having a girl, and my niece will be wearing the cutest outfits in the world. Her closet will be filled with pink. You can count on that." 

I shook my head, letting out an amused sigh. Knowing Rydel all my life, I was no longer surprised by the stuff that came out of her mouth. I was used to her crazy nature. But that was just one of the things I loved about her. 

Shopping around in a baby store was not part of the plan, but a part of me couldn't just pass it by and keep on walking. The tiny, adorable clothes were staring at me through the window, and the pictures of the babies didn't help. Rydel had no problem going in with me, her excitement for her new niece or nephew growing on a daily basis. 

The more we looked around, the more I resisted the urge to buy every single piece of clothing. I about melted into a puddle of goo when I saw a little monkey outfit and didn't think twice before taking it off the rack. It was only fit for out little monkey to have their own monkey outfit. 

I couldn't wait to hold him or her in my arms. My arms were already tingling with the urge, and I knew the next few months until he or she was here was going to be hard. 

After grabbing a quick bite to eat, we ended our exhausting shopping day by relaxing in my apartment, our feet propped up on the coffee table as we watched random tv shows. I wanted nothing more than a cup of coffee to keep me awake, but knew that caffeine wasn't good for the baby. Decaf was out of the question because...gross. It always tasted bitter to me, and no caffeine meant it would do no good in keeping me up. 

"Your ultrasound is next week, right?" Rydel questioned a little later. I nodded. "And you'll find out the gender?"

"If we want to."

Her eyebrows quirked up. "You're not sure if you want to know?"

I shrugged, my fingers absentmindedly drumming on my stomach. "I know Ross wants to find out, but wouldn't it be fun if we had a gender reveal party and we all found out together?" There were so many different ways we could reveal the gender, and each were exciting. Different scenarios played around in my head and I fought the urge to smile wide. 

"I would not be able to wait." Rydel shook her head. "First chance at finding out the gender, I would take it. I think the waiting would kill me."

"It's not like we would be waiting until I gave birth. We could have the party whenever after finding out the gender." I shrugged. "I'll talk to Ross when he stops by later tonight. Hopefully I can convince him to have the party. I think it'd be really fun." Switching the topic, I moved the attention on to her, asking a question that had her cheeks burning red. "So, when do you and Ellington plan on having kids?"

"We've only been married for a year," she mumbled, her fingers fidgeting in her lap. "It's too soon."

"Del, Ross and I aren't married." I pointed out. "We got drunk, had sex and now are having a baby. Hell, we're not even together. You want kids, don't you?"

She nodded. "More than anything."

"Then talk to your husband. You guys have been married for a year, but you've been together for five. I don't think it's too soon. Besides, do you realize how cute your kids would be?"