Chapter 6

If you haven't checked All About The Girl yet, you're missing out. allnightshor and I are so excited to write this book for you guys! Please, please, read it!

"Riley. Riley. Riles." The sensation of a finger poking my cheek caused me to stir in my sleep, a low groan escaping my mouth. A chuckle echoed in my ear. "Come on, get up. Are you forgetting what today is?"

"Too tired." I mumbled, burying my head further into my comfy pillow. "Go away."

"No can do, Baby Mama. Get up." Before I could utter a word, my cozy blankets were ripped off my body, welcoming a chill that spread over my skin. I slowly sat up, my protruding stomach making it quite difficult. Ross grinned at me while I glared at him. "Don't look at me like that. You should've realized I would be here early."

"Why, exactly?" I questioned, my pregnancy brain not allowing me to remember what today was. 

"You really don't remember?" He stared at me like I was nuts. "Maybe this will jog your memory. Monkey."

My eyes instantly widened, and I slapped a hand over my mouth. How could I forget? "Shit, I completely forgot about the ultrasound." I hurried out of bed, rushing into the bathroom to start getting ready. Ross followed me inside, placing his hands on my shoulders as he stared at my reflection in the mirror. 

"Calm down, Riles. No need to stress." He rubbed my shoulders soothingly. "We still have two hours before the appointment. I just wanted to come by early."

"I still can't believe I forgot." I shook my head, ashamed of myself as I began brushing my teeth. I had been so excited for this ultrasound for weeks, and when the day finally arrived...I felt horrible. 

"Don't be so hard on yourself, Riles. You can't help pregnancy brain. It happens to all women, according to the books." He moved back, allowing me to spit in the sink. "Feeling guilty isn't going to change anything, and it'll only make yourself feel worse. Seriously, Riles, it's no big deal." 

I rinsed off my toothbrush, sticking it in its holder before turning to look at Ross. "I just thought when today came that it would be all I could think about. Turns out it wasn't even on my mind." Today we could find out the gender of our little monkey, and even though we would be finding out if we were having a girl or boy at the gender reveal party we decided to have, this appointment was still a big deal. Our baby would actually look like a baby and not a little alien. 

I wanted to kick myself for forgetting. 

With my escalated hormones, I got emotional very quick. So it was no surprise that tears started filling my eyes. Ross knew of my hormonal tendencies, and his face was filled with amusement as he wrapped his arms around me. I wanted to curse him off for finding this funny, but I was almost positive a sob would escape. 

"There's no need to get yourself worked up." He soothed, his voice soft and calming. His fingers brushed through my hair, something he would do when we were younger to calm me down. "It's not the end of the world. It's not like your forgot you were pregnant."

I pulled back to stare at him, horrified. "That's not funny!"

"Just trying to get you to chill out." He chuckled. His eyes were twinkling in amusement. When I didn't release my glare on him, he rolled his eyes and kissed my forehead. "Just go get ready while I make you something to eat. I'm pretty sure monkey is hungry."

"I'm hungry, too." I muttered, watching his figure leave the room. I could see his shoulders shake as he continued to softly chuckle. "Ass." 

Dressing nice wasn't part of the plan today, since all I had to do was lay on a table. Sweats were definitely the way to go, the soft fabric and adjustable waistband comfortable for my growing stomach. I slipped on a red t-shirt, adding just a touch of makeup and leaving my hair down in its natural form. I glanced at myself in the mirror, cradling my bump as I gently stroked it with my thumb.