Prologue

Hands cuffed to the ground in front of her, golden chains on her wrists. Ahead of her were the purchasers seated. She couldn't see them due to the lights being directed to her fragile figure, blinding her. Whispers rumoured through the room.

"Ladies and gentlemen this lovely lady is our second main attraction of the night. Her name is L/N Y/N, born in C/N. She speaks various languages such as English, Korean, Chinese and [mother tongue]. She is currently nineteen years old. She finished her education at South Koreas ....",the announcer kept reading out every possible personal information about her.

How the heck do these bastards know so much about me?

Nine hours and twenty-three minutes ago Y/N had been swept off her feet and pulled into a black van. Someone had put a cloth over her mouth and her vision became blurry before she lost consciousness.
She awoke chained to a grey wall behind her, sitting on the cold ground. Her clothes were still the same but her body sweaty and her hair messy.

A man dressed in a black suit and a mask covering half of his face in the same colour as his suit had opened the cell door. He had stepped in, unchained her and led her out into a hallway. Though her hands were still tied together he had touched her quite gentle, for a kidnapper.

She had been brought to a room with dim lights, grey walls again, a wardrobe and other stylistic devices. There has been a young women, in her late twenties, who had the grateful job to style the auction's attractions since they had to look as fine as possible to archive the highest price.

The place Y/N currently is at is known as "El Dorado". It is the biggest market for human trafficking in the world. Only the rich and powerful get invited and purchase the well-chosen humans as slaves or simply as toys to live out their lunatic fantasies. They're rich after all. Nobody is going to get caught by any government.

Discretion is their principle.

Once bought there is no escape. Your life is over. Either way you're going to die. If you're bought by someone you become their property and your life worthless and short. However being not bought is even worse than being sold. Your don't have any value left so they're gonna end your life. Setting them free is no option since they would tell the police about the matter.

"The auction price starts at two and a half million dollars."

People quickly raised their numbers, the price increased fast.

"Five million dollars for number fifty-five, seven million for number three."

"Seven million dollars going once... seven million going twice..." No one raised their number.

The announcer waited as the audience kept whispering among themselves. At the back of the auditorium someone raised their number.

"Fifteen million dollars from number seven." The number popped up on a screen behind her. The whispers became more and more audible and some turned around to see who offered fifteen million dollars. Again, no dared to to raise their hands anymore.

"Fifteen million dollars going once...
fifteen million dollars going twice....
and our beautiful young lady here is sold for fifteen million dollars to number seven."

Fifteen million dollars.

The two men who stood behind her during the whole auction process stepped forward and unlocked her from the ground. Grabbing both of her arms, the men lead her backstage again, behind the big red curtains and away from the scene over all.

Fifteen million dollars. And my life is over.