2. A fearless heart

The next morning I dressed myself to be ready for the journey today. I wore (f/c) Indian leg dress,  and a (f/c) too that were sleeveles, as it hugged tight against my body, but was a little baggy as well.. I tied a dash around my waist and placed my sword as the sash held it there. As I placed my back on my back I heard a soft knock on the door. 

I straightened my posture and stated "come in" 

as the door opened, Ko stepped in holding a little cloth in his hands. He studied her for a quick moment and spoke "you're not wearing a dress" 

"Well no, I can't fight dungeon monsters very well in a dress" I replied. 

He nodded "true" he then walked up to me, taking my hand in his and placed something in my hand. 

Once he let go of my hand I looked at what he placed there, I unwrapped the cloth to notice a small necklace with the Kou empire insignia on a red gem. I looked up at him "why I've this to me?" 

"Your father brought up that in your custom before two people are wed, the man gives the women a gift, mostly something from his home country. I thought you might like it" he replied. 

I nodded "I do, thank you" he then took it from my hands and walked behind me clasping it together. 

As I looked down at the necklace, smiling softly. Thinking for a brief moment that Ko wasn't so bad after all, that he was gentle and sweet, someone worth marrying. But that was shattered when he gripped her shoulders and said "do try not to get hurt, if you gain any wounds on your trip. We will have to find an outfit for you to cover the scars. Women aren't meant to have such ugly scars. And I won't allow you to have such." 

I gripped on the gem, ready to yank the necklace off of my neck as he said again in my ear "and when you come back, which I hope is in time for the wedding, you will be mine entirely. And I'll have the power to do what I want with this country. Maybe even make it in the likeness of the Kou empire. And our family will grow strong as you give me many sons" 

He then walked in front of me and kissed the top of my hand "I do hope I see you return. If not, your other sister is a well suitable replacement as well." And with that he exited the room. 

I balled my hands in fists, all he cared about with marrying me was taking control of my kingdom, then treating me like I'm some prized possession, obeying every command without a second thought. This wasn't the sort of man I wanted to marry. 

~time skip~ 

The sun was soon setting as you and a group of a hundred men came close to the dungeon. They had given you and a second in command a horse while the others walked behind you. Behind them two horses carried a wagon that had good supplies and extra weapons if necessary. Not much longer the dungeon of your kingdom came into view. You gripped the reins of the horse. 

The second in command bellowed orders for men to leave the horses by the door and same for the wagon and to carry what you could. That the men would enter first then me and the second and command last. He was the one that Ko had placed to ensure I not only run away but stayed safe. 

I watched as the other men entered the shimmering door as a group, then once my turn I entered in. It felt like I was being hurtled through a current on a river. Soon everything came to a halt and in front of me was a massive planet with rocks sticking out as it flowed red. I reached for the rocks to soon find myself on my hands and knees grabbing a rock. 

As everyone stood up, I heard a small ticking sound. "Get out of the way fast!" I bellowed. As I jumped forward, the second in command and a dozen of his men jumped as well. Leaving the other to fall through a massive trap door. Their screams echoed through the dungeon.