5. words unspoken

Two weeks after the party had rolled by like a breeze, sharkkon had been training me to hone my sword play, and I had learned a lot. During my time I wasn't sword training I had been practicing the first step of djiin equipping. While I would take a break since I had used up a lot of Magoi trying to djinn equip, I was getting closer I could feel it. 

But every time I would glance around I would always catch Ja'far in my line of sight, always watching. This time on break it had been the same, he stood in the shadows with Sinbad standing next to him, I turned my face to the ground bright red. 

"how's it going (f/n)?" Sinbad asked, walking up to me. 

I looked up and my attention went straight to Ja'far, we locked eyes and then he quickly turned his head to the right, blinking in confusion I turned my head towards sinbad "i'v been getting close I can feel it" 

"Can you show me how far you've gotten?" He asked. 

I nodded firmly and stood up holding my sword up, the blade inches from my nose. I closed my eyes and muttered softly "oh great Djinn of Earth and life, lend me your Magoi so that I may become a wielder" the air began to change around me and my sword shined, vines starting to wrap around my wrists. My body began to shake violently and then the magic dissipated and my body crumbled to the ground. 

Ja'far cried out in shock and went to his knees to catch me, but my hands hit the floor catching my fall. I lifted up my right hand and shook my head no, Ja'far pouted and slowly got back up and looked down at me. Sinbad turned his head towards Ja'far with a focused expression, blinking slowly. 

As I got back up Sinbad spoke "you're getting close, but it seems your Magoi is draining the more you practice. You'v been practicing every day haven't you, along with your sword practicing with Sharkkan?"  I nod slowly in reply "I would suggest you not do it so much, doing it everyday while practicing sword will tire you out faster, that's why you can't use much magoi right now to djinn equip" 

I nodded in reply and let out a small breath "I think I should go relax a little" 

"That would be best, hey Ja'far, why don't you go escort Miss (f/n) to his room eh?" Sinbad suggested. 

Ja'far looked at him with a confused expression, Sinbad raising his eyebrow smiling softly. Ja'far cleared his throat and spoke "come along (f/n), this way towards your room" I nod confused and followed Ja'far towards the inside of Sinbads castle; Ja'far kept his attention in front of us. 

As we continued walking towards my bedroom I looked at Ja'far "So what do you here?"

Without turning his attention towards me he replied "I handle the records and most of the finances of Sindrea" 

"Sounds pretty boring" I replied. 

Ja'far shrugged "sometimes, but it keeps me busy when there isn't much else to do. Ah here we are" 

We stand at my doorway and stare at each other eyes locked. Ja'far blinked slowly and his eyes stared back at me half lidded. He raised his left hand slowly towards my jawline. His fingertips rested against my jaw line, I jumped lightly but seconds later my body relaxed under his touch. Ja'far lowered his head toward mine as my head tilted up, his lips inches from mine. 

Moments later, Ja'far blinked widely and when he noticed how close we were his pale skin turned bright red and he yanked his head and hand back "I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me. If you'll please excuse me" He clasped his hands together and bowed slightly before turning around walking away from me while I stood there in confusion. 

what had just happened? Was he about to kiss me? Was I about to let him? I gripped the hem of my dress looking down. My dress came to my knees and was (f/c), I wore it often since the weather was so warm.